Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that's the bike I picked up and took to the shop for a tune-up and various other stuff. It's red w/ full XTR and I can post pics by about July 5th or so when I get the bike back. Just curious if you can tell me what a bike like this may be worth in B or C condition.

Thanks for any help!

Ryan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I had no idea a bike like that is worthless, everybody I talked to kept telling me how expensive and great the XTR parts are worth alone. Sorry for posting this, I feel stupid now.

·
Registered
243 Posts
S Works value?

Hi Ryan
I disagree with the above comment of it having no value. :nono: Just have a look in the classic section of this site or retrobike.co.uk. While its value is no where near that of a modern one, it would not be cheap to replace with the same vintage. Look up the prices of the secondhand xtr stuff for an idea. :eekster:
I have built up a 99 M4 S works and it wasnt cheap by any means. My 96 M2 is waiting patiently in the shed for a spot of repairs before being built back up.
I also have a modern Stumpy and while I may like my old S works for sentimental reasons, they are still great bikes for riding and hammering the trails and that makes them worth something.
Get it back, ride it, I am sure you'll love it. :thumbsup:
Stick a picture up when you get it back, I for one would like to see it.
Cheers
Jamie

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: three thumbs up for the S Works hardtail

·
Professional Sinecure
47 Posts
I want to say 92 was the first year for the M2 S-Works. The one I bought that year still sits in my garage waiting for... me to ride it.

Poor Duralcan watches me taking out the 08 Stumpy Carbon Pro...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.