Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all this talk about skinny rear ends (on the bike), anyone want to cash out on their medium size ML and buy something else?
I have cash in hand waiting for ya. ;)

Seriously, we're looking for a medium size ML either new or used. 2005 shock Fox shock, don't care if RP3 or not.

PM me if you have one, or a lead on one.

·
good ol dog dreams
187 Posts

Nope, got the FR stays and loving it! Good luck finding one. I raced mine in a 13 hour race (this weekend) on a 3 man team and loved it in 4" mode. We got 1st and I don't have a sore bone or muscle in my body. Will put some big ole knobbies on, switch it to 5", crank the TALAS up front, and go ride up in the mountains this weekend. Good luck looking for one, very versatile ride!

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BlackMoth said:
Nope, got the FR stays and loving it! Good luck finding one. I raced mine in a 13 hour race (this weekend) on a 3 man team and loved it in 4" mode. We got 1st and I don't have a sore bone or muscle in my body. Will put some big ole knobbies on, switch it to 5", crank the TALAS up front, and go ride up in the mountains this weekend. Good luck looking for one, very versatile ride!
That is a great endorsement. I love my small ML as well. Congrats on the 1st place. That is way cool.
I'll have to try some biggers meats on the back. I have a nevegal 2.1 back there now, but i'm not the one riding it, so don't have a feel just yet.
I have all the feelers out for a ML med frame.

·
Registered
537 Posts
ML winner!

BlackMoth said:
Congrats, you must be the first race winner on an ML!
I've also ordered the Supermoto chainstay for my bike...still waiting patiently.
You mention FR stays, is that the same as the Supermoto chainstay replacement?

·
good ol dog dreams
187 Posts
Yes goatman, they are the same thing. Real nice machine work on those stays. They claim you can fit up to a 2.6 if it's on the Supermoto but "only" a 2.4 on the ML since you have the seatstay bridge getting in the way. I think I'm going to try a 2.3 Timberwolf, looks like a nice beefy tread, maybe 2.5 on front.

Folks were looking at me like I was crazy racing but it weighs right around 27 lbs., same as my hardtail I've raced in numerous 100 mile epics. I just don't have to worry about a sore back now. I don't think it will be a good short XC racer but am sold on it as my "all around" epic ride/race bike. You can't go wrong with an adjustable fork such as the TALAS or Reba up front. Try the 4" mode if you have some rooty rolling singletrack with short downhills, crank that TALAS to 112mm and let that sucker fly! :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
ML Abington Wheel Wright

I just picked up my Moto Lite from Abington Wheel Wright Bike Shop in Abington PA, they have a medium grey in stock plus more ML and Racer X's on order. You can call them at 215-884-6331. My first ride will be Saturday, however the weather is suppose to be bad. I will supply additional posts after I have ridden the bike a few times.

[/FONT]
rensho said:
With all this talk about skinny rear ends (on the bike), anyone want to cash out on their medium size ML and buy something else?
I have cash in hand waiting for ya. ;)

Seriously, we're looking for a medium size ML either new or used. 2005 shock Fox shock, don't care if RP3 or not.

PM me if you have one, or a lead on one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
FR swing arm

BlackMoth said:
Yes goatman, they are the same thing. Real nice machine work on those stays. They claim you can fit up to a 2.6 if it's on the Supermoto but "only" a 2.4 on the ML since you have the seatstay bridge getting in the way. I think I'm going to try a 2.3 Timberwolf, looks like a nice beefy tread, maybe 2.5 on front.

Folks were looking at me like I was crazy racing but it weighs right around 27 lbs., same as my hardtail I've raced in numerous 100 mile epics. I just don't have to worry about a sore back now. I don't think it will be a good short XC racer but am sold on it as my "all around" epic ride/race bike. You can't go wrong with an adjustable fork such as the TALAS or Reba up front. Try the 4" mode if you have some rooty rolling singletrack with short downhills, crank that TALAS to 112mm and let that sucker fly! :D
hey Blackmoth

could you post a pic of your bike with the new swingarm when you get a chance?

thanx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.