Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a gravel bike to replace my hardtail, I had one of the early "gravel" bikes from Genesis when they first came out, but I could fit nothing bigger than a 35mm slick tyre, which wasn't enough for me, so I sold it last year at the start of the pandemic, as it was basically a fat-ish tyre road bike. With Evil and Santa Cruz having gravel bikes, would their be interest in a Transition gravel bike, I mean they did the Rapture CX bike a while back after all? Discuss!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I think gravel bikes are pretty much there - and there are so many options now. I do want to see a gravel bike with steeper STA 75-76 to optimize for flat pedals.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
How would an Intense gravel bike be different than all the others? Besides styling, and just being there for brand loyalists. They don't even seem to have a hardtail in their lineup.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How would an Intense gravel bike be different than all the others? Besides styling, and just being there for brand loyalists. They don't even seem to have a hardtail in their lineup.
Why not do one? For the same reason other brands do them; few brands are going to say they won't do something because everyone else does a similar thing. The Spur on paper is like a Scott Spark, same travel, same suspension layout, but they are so, so different to ride. Why not make a gravel bike in their own mold and make it different? Perhaps not as radical as the Evil Chamois Hagar, but a Transition gravel that's a bit different to others out there... why the hell not!

·
brooklyn bike rider
508 Posts
Transition used to have a sister company called Traitor that made a number of steel cx, fixed, and all-road disc braked bikes. They were great bikes, I still own a Ruben that has been through many rough winters and rainy seasons. But I wouldn't bet on them coming back with skinny tire bikes..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Transition used to have a sister company called Traitor that made a number of steel cx, fixed, and all-road disc braked bikes. They were great bikes, I still own a Ruben that has been through many rough winters and rainy seasons. But I wouldn't bet on them coming back with skinny tire bikes..
I have a Ruben as well, and I love it. It was a "gravel" bike before gravel bikes were a thing. A tad heavy, but great ride feel and the steel frame is a beauty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.