Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Daverham Lincoln
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you want to go ride tapeworm (or St.Eds) in the early morning on a weekday, in the dark, pick me up! I'm a killer-diller mountain biker, but have never ridden in the dark with a headlight. I'll still beat your ass. Wanna race?

What do I have to offer?
- I'll buy coffee, donuts and gas
- I'll bring you some Colonnade stickers
- You get to be best pals with one more local mt. biking legend (ha!)

In the summer I hit this ride about once a week, before work. My buddy and I get up at like 5 am, and we get back to Seattle by 7:30, just enough time to change in the office bathroom and get to my desk by 8am.

He's one of the most hardcore guys I know, and apparently he's too big of a big fat pus-sy to go attempt the ride in the dark. We both have mega LED commuting headlights, I don't really know if they are bright enough, to tell you the truth. Mine is a MiNewt. 110 Lumens?

Here's the rub. I don't have a car because I am living the bike-only dream. Pus-sy usually drives me, so you gotta be willing to pick me up in Greenwood in exchange for a little adventure and a donut.

Who's in??

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Take the bus Gus! haha....

i would do it as i like riding with legends. It makes for legendary rides. But my wrist isn't healed enough to ride Tapeworm yet, let alone ride it with speed.

But night riding Tapeworm with lights with the trail being rock solid from it being cold IS something that i have done, and it's really fun. The trail actually get's pretty fast, which makes it fun because you have odd shadows from the lights. Good stuff....

·
Daverham Lincoln
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just going to ask about your wrist... last time I saw you was Colonnade grand opening. Better let it heal I guess.

I've been considering buying a car, just so I can bike... how strange is that? Still don't want to though. I don't have a ONE-LESS-CAR t-shirt, but I don't want to take away the option just yet...

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
daverham said:
I was just going to ask about your wrist... last time I saw you was Colonnade grand opening. Better let it heal I guess.

I've been considering buying a car, just so I can bike... how strange is that? Still don't want to though. I don't have a ONE-LESS-CAR t-shirt, but I don't want to take away the option just yet...
Do the Flex-car thing.:)

Hmm guess it's Zipcar now...
http://www.zipcar.com/

And yah wrist is doing fine, it just feels like i have glue in it so i cannot ride like i normally do, and i've been just doing easy rides.

·
Registered
443 Posts
dude, talk to evan next time you're in the shop and he can explain to you all about how the flex-car thing works. in the mean time, i might be up for it, as long as we could make it back to seattle in time for me to get to gregg's at 9:30.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.