Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want them but am not too keyed up on the stuff made in China by dudes who have never seen a Fatbike much less actually ridden one. I just about spit out a precious mouthful PBR when I read of one manufacturers r&d process whereby they had a guy they know mount up a couple of tires and call it good!
I'm just a $hitbird who likes to ride his Fatbike in crappy snow before the sun comes up every morning, so I realize my judgement and opinion might not count for much but what do you guys think? Do your customers want them, are there enough bikes out there for them?
So who wants a bigger Big Deal, what say you?

·
aka bOb
8,813 Posts
I would love a couple of Bigger Deals but give er a little more beef and up the weight to about 600g per rim. That being said I got sick of waiting and ordered a couple of Light bicycle 90's but I would gladly throw them up on the auction block for some hundie HEDS.

·
Yeah!
1,457 Posts
I always want anything that I've got no idea what the heck it is. This post is as unwilling to release it's knowledge to me as is nextie's site, although they are kind enough to wish everyone a warm welcome of your stepping by.

Seriously, I love the way those sites read:

"We have great and responsible manufactures who make high quality and reasonable price carbon fiber bicycle products and are strict with production, joint development."

I believe this translates to:

"Our manufacturers won't **** around with us, because we'll kibosh their export rights, effectively killing their core business if they do. And we might imprison them on trumped up charges because.... third world ethics. Due to this, they produce the highest quality product, cheaper than anyone else, because... magic. Oh, and we use a boatload of different producers to make the same product, so please excuse the disparity in thickness, weight, finish, sticker color, and sticker placement on the two rims you just bought, because.... China."

·
Registered
401 Posts
Just ordered some 29er rims from Nextie. they have been great to deal with. Sorry some of you are so negative? enjoy your beer and **** talking. It is a great way to get the 100mm rims you want.

·
Yeah!
1,457 Posts
Just ordered some 29er rims from Nextie. they have been great to deal with. Sorry some of you are so negative? enjoy your beer and **** talking. It is a great way to get the 100mm rims you want.
Oh, c'mon. I'm not bashing them like that, Lord knows I've got quite a few of their flashlights (but never their batteries, because... life). It's funny how they attempt to portray themselves as top-line professional producers, but in reality almost everything there is done by a comglomeration of unrelated companies with improving, but still poor quality control. Doesn't mean al CN products are to be avoided, and I never stated such. Buyer beware, enjoy what you get, and don't worry about a few oldie fogerties having a bit of fun here and there. Biking is just way too fun to get hung up on opinions, you know?

And I STILL can't figure out what the hell a hundie is. Anyone?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts