Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bigdamo said:
I was trying to get up early and put in a fast quick one but partyed a little to hard last night.I might try tonight don't think anyone will be out there.I want to try out my Xmas gift Stans no tubes on my new wheels.
Merry Christmas
Yes, i'll probably be going off later with my dad for a nice cruise.

Doing andersons/oaks tommorow if the wheather is nice:)

·
Registered
602 Posts
I was trying to get up early and put in a fast quick one but partyed a little to hard last night.I might try tonight don't think anyone will be out there.I want to try out my Xmas gift Stans no tubes on my new wheels.
Merry Christmas

·
Registered
573 Posts
well i headed out as soon as the rellos left, did my first singletrack night ride tonight. Very fun apart from almost ripping my rear deraullier off. now i need to reconfigure the whole thing as I trundled home making all sorts of god forsaken creaks, squeeks and groans.

·
Gone riding
3,350 Posts
Ben, ben, ben. What did you do?! :D

I gather Santa bought himself some illumination over the last week or so!

Nothing's better then sweet single track under lights. Just bliss.

Happy trails all!!

Dave.

·
Gone riding
3,350 Posts
No Christmas ride for me this year. I usually try and get out for a quickie sometime during Christmas day, but this year this were a little hectic, so I had to resort to practising manualling down my driveway...

Will be heading out for a ride today though.

Mmmmmm singletrack. :D

Dave.

·
what a joke
2,279 Posts
I went out this morning and am regretting it now as I sit on the sofa eating ibuprofen. Put the leg and arm armour on and thought I would practice the DJ's (Im a total newbie at them). First run wa smooth, second run I went wide on a landing over corrected hit a tree stump and got thrown down hard missing the 8m+ cliff by about 300mm.

My mate could not see me behind the jump and though I had gone right over. I layed there on the cliff edge and he dragged me back as I could not breath or move much.

Note to self, help build new jumps away from cliff edge.

I need a new helmet as I cracked mine. Dont ride with out a helemt.

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oz... sorry to hear about that.. i hope you have a quick recovery!

A picture from yesterdays christmas ride at Redhill, and some from today's, Oaks/andersons..

(Note: The sea view is taken from redhill, the rest are from today, and thats my old man.... dad:p)

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
Oz you nut. I had a play on the MTNX course at Homebush on Christmas eve, but kept both wheels on the ground mostly. I'm planning to head up your wayish tomorrow for a couple of laps around Killi.

Only a quick lap around Manly Dam for me today, this section is a lot easier with 140mm travel front & back

Attachments

·
Registered
602 Posts
Thats a good Xmas present Oz.Hope you recover soon and are back out there carving again soon.The grief i get from the wife when i come back injured is worse than the pain from the injury.Certain times of the year i have to take it easy Xmas,birthdays etc she just hates it when we go around and meet friends and family and i have bark off.I think i have a good story to. tell some people just don't get it."you did what, how old are you,you should know better" Blablablabla

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
alchemist said:
Oz you nut. I had a play on the MTNX course at Homebush on Christmas eve, but kept both wheels on the ground mostly. I'm planning to head up your wayish tomorrow for a couple of laps around Killi.

Only a quick lap around Manly Dam for me today, this section is a lot easier with 140mm travel front & back
Is that a Demo bike or is it actually yours now? Please tell....

I'm guessing either Cannondale Rush or prophet??

·
Registered
178 Posts
went for a 77km road ride on christmas eve... the heat almost killed me

rode from meadowbank-parra-prospect reservoir and back

at one point it measured 45 degrees

and for boxing day, i snuck in quick ride in Lane Cove National Park valley, up behind Nth Epping

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.