Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know mtbers are suppose to be in tip top shape, but im not gonna lie, when i first started this riding the trails down in miami i was not in the best health. I use to drink everday and smoke the green as much as humanly possible. Upon starting this hobbie / sport again ive realize im in better shape as i dont drink anymore, dont smoke the green anymore but i do usually smoke a black n mild (closes thing i can get to green). Im sure its hurting my performance but not enough that i notice it on the trails, anyone else a smoker?

·
the #1 Stunna'
498 Posts
When i get drunk i still crave a cigarette and sometimes give in to it. I got into this sport to get me out of the bars, and give me something to do. I however am in MUCH better shape, and rarely drink any longer, as well as smoke

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kawasakimx6, ,glad to hear it helped. I got back into biking cause i got several DUIs and don't have a car anymore. Along with that ive been banned from establishments that makes more money on liquor for the past 6 months, so biking has been a good stress reliever.

G

·
i still smoke pot. yes, that's right, i still smoke pot. anybody who has a problem with that can go sh*t in their hat.

don't drink much beer, maybe five or six times a year.

i stopped smoking cigarettes in 1996, right about the time i first tried mountain bike racing.

·
Founder: Dirty3hirties
2,031 Posts
It's funny but most of the stories share a common theme: "I used to smoke or still do....when I'm drunk" :D

That's kinda how I started....and I think that's how most people do. For me, started in college...actually started with the skunky stuff first. Didn't take long to start smoking....but it was always a social thing....parties.......ah the parties....how I miss them. lots of drunken nights. :D

Stopped once I graduated...and that's when I started biking. I didn't stop smoking to start biking or vice versa.....just kinda happened that way. I always wanted a nice bike in college, but could never afford it so within 2 months of my first job, I laid down $1000 on a GT Avalanche and haven't stopped biking since (or started smoking either). I still touch the skunky stuff every now and then.....there's nothing wrong with that stuff.

·
zip it up, zip it out
265 Posts
Reforming cig smoker here, mainly when I am drinking, but sometimes when I'm sober.
Mountain biking has greatly reduced the amount of smokables I intake, however i have yet to stop completely. I need to, I want to, but the for the strangest reason I have yet to.

Regardless of what you smoke or how you smoke it, Ride, Live, and Love and everything else will fall into place.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Whatever you smokers do, don't stop! - it's nice to know immediately who the idiots are in a crowd.

·
Registered
350 Posts
alm80 said:
Regardless of what you smoke or how you smoke it, Ride, Live, and Love and everything else will fall into place.
:thumbsup:

i dont play b-ball. and im a idiot, who has the right to smoke, in the privacy of my own living area, and not within 10m of a entrance, or inside any pub or bar, or on any healtcare facility property, etc. prettymuch the only place i can smoke is in my car, or in my house, and i choose to enjoy a bit of fresh air. freedom to choose is nice and i respect others decisions to choose not to. i respect that you might not want my 2nd hand smoke and i dont smoke near you, so all you anti smoking crusaders can take a day off, your lobbying has effectively worked. now please excuse me while i smoke.

·
Texan
1,345 Posts
Funny how PC the world has gotten. People who smoke are probably afraid to post up because they feel like they will be shamed. Not me! :thumbsup: I'm from Texas and I say what I have to say!

I smoke, drink, cuss, fight, chase women, am a conservative and am proud to be an American. :devil:

I drive a p/u truck too, but I'm not a *******! :p

1 - 20 of 154 Posts