Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tried some searches, didn't come up with much. who sells the Nokian Gazzalodi 26x3.0 tire? My endomorphs aren't cutting it in the snow. Is there any other better option for the large marge rim, for snow? thanks in advance

703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
climbing

tscheezy said:
Wanna be more specific?

I've used both and am curious what you think the Nokian would do better.

Watch eBay. They come up regularly.
should have been more specific - the endomorphs are great in the snow, but they don't climb well. I'm spinning out on short climbs unless I really stand back over the rear wheel. I've got my pug set up single speed, so powering up little hills I'm having traction issues - wondering if the nokian is better?

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Well, they certainly do have far more and larger knobs, making for a much more aggressive tread. They are less likely to spin out on some kinds of snow, no doubt, but it really depends on the conditions. Snow that gets packed down where floatation is not as much of an issue as outright traction would be a place the Nokian would do better. They are a smaller tire though, and feel much heavier and slower rolling. I put one on the back of my Pugs sometimes, but usually go back to the Endomorph after a while. I have a geared bike and just sit and spin, so weighting the rear wheel is not such an issue.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have had much more issue with the lack of lateral traction on the Endomorphs. With the sideslope on our trails, the front and rear tire keep sliding out on me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.