Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always liked following the pro-womens races. But, its going to be extra fun watching these two gals duke it out at future NCS races. You know that they are each going to have an axe to grind.

Story Here

For the record, I rode a practice lap behind McConneloug at NCS race a few years back.
The word that discribes my impression of her, rymes with witch...or twitch...or switch.
It was just a practice lap and she was cussing and cursing at any of the riders in the lower classes that happened to be in her way.
"PRO RIDER COMING THROUGH, GET THE F**** OUT OF THE WAY!"
This was on a wide, flat fireroad section. Totally uncalled for.

Sorry Mary, if you dont like me saying this in public, maybe you should have thought in advance how your actions would cause people to preceive you.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,129 Posts
????

women are competitive...did someone say we weren't?
we can turn it off too

I know a guy who yells that in races too. "Lead racer coming through" I thought that was pretty usual in races? If that was a man yelling it would he be considered an ******* or just competitive?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,941 Posts
Impy said:
????

If that was a man yelling it would he be considered an ******* or just competitive?
He would be an *******. Anyone who thinks women are not competative is insane. My Wife is the most competative person I know, drives me freakin nuts sometimes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Impy said:
????
"Lead racer coming through" I thought that was pretty usual in races? If that was a man yelling it would he be considered an ******* or just competitive?
This was actually during the practice ride time on the evening BEFORE the race. No one was racing. And it was a flat, straight, gravel road with plenty of room to pass. But she choose to practically mow the other riders down. Maybe she was just in an especially bad mood that day. She will be in an even worse mood if Sue wins her appeal.

Go Sue!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually read a book that compared womens competitiveness in athletics to those of men. I dont remember the name or the author. But it was a good book, especially for any man who might be considering coaching women in a sports. According to the book, the competitive nature befween of the two sexes might be just as high, but what fuels each is different, and thus calls for different coaching styles. Too bad I cant remember the name of the book. Oh well.


Go Sue!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
922 Posts
The Berryman said:
For the record, I rode a practice lap behind McConneloug at NCS race a few years back.
The word that discribes my impression of her, rymes with witch...or twitch...or switch.
It was just a practice lap and she was cussing and cursing at any of the riders in the lower classes that happened to be in her way.
"PRO RIDER COMING THROUGH, GET THE F**** OUT OF THE WAY!"
This was on a wide, flat fireroad section. Totally uncalled for.

Sorry Mary, if you dont like me saying this in public, maybe you should have thought in advance how your actions would cause people to preceive you.
That kind of crap is unacceptable. Her team manager needs to be advised as well as the race officials. The team manager needs to deal with it as an image issue and unsportswoman like behavior. If it's report to the race official during the race it's grounds for relegation or worse.

Luckily that kind of behavior is not tolorated where I race and is usually dealt with quickly and severly.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,129 Posts
CycleMainiac said:
Luckily that kind of behavior is not tolorated where I race and is usually dealt with quickly and severly.
Is it the use of the word f*ck or the yelling that is the issue? Again, I have had people yell at me to get out of the way and I don't really think twice about it? Honestly, if i'm racing or practicing , its just for kicks. My bid in the olympics is not whats up for grabs, and if it was I might yell too.
 

·
SS Grrrrrrrl
Joined
·
464 Posts
Impy said:
Is it the use of the word f*ck or the yelling that is the issue? Again, I have had people yell at me to get out of the way and I don't really think twice about it? Honestly, if i'm racing or practicing , its just for kicks. My bid in the olympics is not whats up for grabs, and if it was I might yell too.
Word!
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top