Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Ride up to ride down.
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Entiat Valley this weekend, camped at Fox Creek. Should be renamed Mosquito Creek. So buggy you could barely get outside. We rode Lake Creek from the Devil's Backbone trailhead. Yes we shuttled it. You get about 800' feet of climbing, 4500' descent and 13.4 miles. Can't complain for the first real ride since my wife had a baby 5 wks prior.They have taken the top section of fireroad and narrowed it to singletrack and blocked off all 4x4/atv traffic. Snowfree along the ridge but you could look over and see the drifts throughout Devil's Backbone ridgeline. We were going to come down 4th Divide (#1445) but took 1444 instead. Still ran into intermittant snow but not bad. Creeks were a little swollen but not bike eating swollen. The rest was as good as ever. I still say this ride is as good of ride as Devil's Backbone although not as long but there is no way to turn it into an Epic loop except with a long, boring road ride. 2 weeks and it should be clear.

You could look over and see Duncan Hill on the way up and its south and east face still have a fair amount of snow. I would think 2 weeks of nice weather would clear that as well. Pyramid was very snowy looking as well.

The National Forest Recreation Trails map does a great job of showing all the motorcycle trails around with distances although it doesn't tell you much about the grade other than giving it a ski run designation black diamond, blue square or green dot.

Attachments

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
The world is still flat....

It's getting close, the snow is melting fast, thanks for testing the trails.

You need to look at the Greentrails maps for elevation information, the world is still flat for moto's.

Monte

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.