Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride a 2007 Yamaha R1 on the street, and a 2001 Yamaha YZ-250 off-road.

Just getting into MTB riding for fun, fitness and adventure.

Who here rides motorcycles, and what do you ride?

John
Memphis
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Ducati Monster 620, fun street bike. Used to ride a Kawasaki Super Sherpa on fire roads and easy trails. Access for dirt bikes around here (CT) is way worse than MTB, so I'm glad I found out how fun mountain bikes are.

David B.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
1991 yamaha virago. My first motorcycle and it's pretty fun to cruise around on. I still like my pedal powered bikes better though!
 

·
DeForest Stump
Joined
·
972 Posts
99 Kawasaki KLX 300 w/ street plate. I like 70+ mile, 5 hour rides on rocky trails. Then I'll take a catnap, make some coffee, then go on an mtb ride. Good times.
Also have a 00 YZ 125 that I haven't ridden in a couple years.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" src="https://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=https://vid193.photobucket.com/albums/z98/jfleck6/005-4.flv">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
two wheel fun...

Ducati 996S

Triumph Speed Triple

...but whenver I have the time to ride - it usually is the stumpjumper with the one human powered engine that gets the call...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cobretti said:
99 Kawasaki KLX 300 w/ street plate. I like 70+ mile, 5 hour rides on rocky trails. Then I'll take a catnap, make some coffee, then go on an mtb ride. Good times.
Also have a 00 YZ 125 that I haven't ridden in a couple years.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" src="https://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=https://vid193.photobucket.com/albums/z98/jfleck6/005-4.flv">
I heard that!

I just did a 2-day dirt bike ride in the rocks out at Carter Mountain, Tennessee, near Winchester, weekend before last. Best place I've ever ridden.

Where do you live?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,820 Posts
Between the wife an me. currently:

Aprilia RSV4 R (track only)
Aprilia RSV1000R (Track Only)
(2) Kawasaki ZX6-Rs (track only)
BMW R100GS
BMW GS650
Suzuki DX200
Kawasaki KLX250
Can-Am 400 ATV

Past...

Aprilia RSV 1000R first gen
Aprilia Tuono R
Ducati 900SS
Ducati Monster S1000R (OMG Fun)
Ducati Monster 900
Ducati 748R
Ducati 999R
Ducati 996
Triumph Speed Tripple
Triumph Trophy 1200
Yamaha RD350 "orange tank"
Yamaha RZ 400 KR Special
Moto Guzzi Jackel
Aprilia RS250 (track only)
 

·
.......
Joined
·
3,707 Posts
Holy crap, STT GUY. Nice list. I'd love to ride that RS250 you had. Had various motorcyles, and the latest was a CBR600, but now sold. I really want to get a 250-400cc bike for street/track. Hard to find here in the US, though.

My next bike will probably be an SV650.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
510 Posts
a '93 Yamaha GTS1000 and a '75 Suzuki RE-5.

The Yamaha gets most of the miles, sport-touring is my preferred type of riding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,820 Posts
p nut said:
Holy crap, STT GUY. Nice list. I'd love to ride that RS250 you had. Had various motorcyles, and the latest was a CBR600, but now sold. I really want to get a 250-400cc bike for street/track. Hard to find here in the US, though.

My next bike will probably be an SV650.
We had three RS250's.. 2 were stock motors (pipe and jetting) but the third had a 316 kit in it and a close-ratio trans.... it was fast as hell and corner speeds on any of them were wicked fast. Nothing like having a literbike guy pass you on the straight and then pass him back in the braking zone in full tuck w/throttle still pinned after he's grabed a handfull of brakes and banged two downshifts:thumbsup:

My "real job" affords me a lot of time on the track.
 

·
don't try this at home
Joined
·
1,601 Posts
06 Triumph Bonneville and wifey has an 04 Bonneville Black. however, lately, 99% of my riding is on my bicycles.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,015 Posts
I ride dirtbikes alot as well as mountain biking.

Currently on a 2009 KTM 200 XCW, perfect 2 stroke woods bike. Planning on racing some harescrambles and enduros before the end of the season.

Dirtbikes help keep your high speed technical handling skills sharp on the MTB. Mountain biking keeps the legs and lungs strong which also helps the dirtbiking.
Win-win.
 

·
DeForest Stump
Joined
·
972 Posts
slow hand said:
I just did a 2-day dirt bike ride in the rocks out at Carter Mountain, Tennessee, near Winchester, weekend before last. Best place I've ever ridden.
That sounds great, I'm planning on a trip this fall, either to ride in N. Carolina or Hatfield/McCoy in W.V.

Where do you live?
In R.I. near the border of Ma. I'm lucky there's a huge trail system here. Took a long time to figure it all out. Even in a 70 m. ride I don't get much further than 15 m. from where I live as the crow flies.
 
1 - 20 of 236 Posts
Top