Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious, if you pedal to your local trail, im not talking about driving or shuttle, for how long do you pedal?

i can shuttle my local Dh but pedaling from my house to the trail it takes me about an hour and half. the Dh run takes me around 20 minutes to complete and some 40 minute pedaling back up to do the Dh run again...

and then my friends and i just get on the highway on our bikes... haha probably the best part because its very steep down.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Are you saying you ride a DH bike on roads for 1 1/2 hours to get to your riding spot? Ever think of making friends with someone with a car?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not a Dh bike. my FR bike should be getting here in around two weeks ( I dont live in the united states) so im currently riding a XC bike ( i know it sucks, but its what i have right now). sometimes instead of shuttling we preffer to pedal ( sweat off that beer belly)

btw, i DO jump, huck, drop my Xc bike... ive ridden the sh/t out of it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hey man, you gotta do what you gotta do. Thats some devotion. Have fun with the new bike, most of us started out on a beater XC bike, at least I know I did.

·
Registered
342 Posts
mtnbiker662 said:
Have fun with the new bike, most of us started out on a beater XC bike, at least I know I did.
word

anyway this upcoming season i might pedal along the bike path from dillon to keystone (my familys got a condo in dillon), but thats like 6 miles i think. so ya

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
I pedal to the top of the downhill (2 hours) or half way to a second downhill run (1 hour) and then I shuttle.

·
You Are What You Is
920 Posts
I think it's great if you pedal to the trailhead, and I've done it a few times. But life gets so damn busy with a wife, two kids, and a job that every minute counts. I drive to the trailhead so I can get more "quality" riding time, which means on dirt, not the road.

·
Registered
167 Posts
my local jumps and downhill trails are 15 minutes away.to get to the top of the run it takes about a half an hour and takes matbe 5-10 minutes to get down. I have a 2006 coiler deluxe so it is ok at pedaling but even better at downhill. I am extremely lucky to live 15 minutes away from some of the best jumps and downhill trails.

·
Registered
773 Posts
spacemarine5 said:
word

anyway this upcoming season i might pedal along the bike path from dillon to keystone (my familys got a condo in dillon), but thats like 6 miles i think. so ya
Now thats just crazy talk! Hope the bus for free and save your energy for the trails;)

·
NICE KID...NICE
717 Posts
Pedaling sucks but...

Dont be afraid to pedal. And yeah... I drive to my spots.

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
I drive to the trail. Ride to the top (or walk)
I never rode to the trail. Who wants to ride a 45 lb FR bike 4 miles to a DH trail not me!

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's 105kms to Bromont. So I drive :)
Any cool local trails are really short and or no bikes allowed. Damn cops on bikes.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts