Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanting to know who owns this San Andreas. It is posted on the MC website in there photo Gallery.
You can see a full size pic on the mc website.
Anyone have a set of those HED 45c rims/wheels they want to sell. I been after a set for a while now. I have never seen a set of the 45c version come up for sale. Let alone seen a set.
Josh

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I own a bike that was, when I bought it from it's first owner here in San Luis Obispo (MC's old hometown), was identical to that in the picture. Since the only modification I've done is replaced the rims, broken cranks, and Pro-Stops which failed.

In all honesty, I knew more than a few people that had similar set-ups with the same rims. It was published in a vendor's add in MB Action for years.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for youre reply
Wow ok. They are a mean looking machine. I recently picked up a 96/97 San Andreas DHS frame. And would love to build it similiar to that one or the one off the old MC website.
Do you still have youre San Andreas?
Where youre HED rims the 45mm wide disc only version where the carbon came right up the side of the aluminium rim?
Do you still have the HED rims and Pro stop brakes?
Or do you know where i can find a set of the 45c version hed wheels.

Josh

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do not have the rims or brakes any longer. I replaced the HED's because the front cracked severely. They were not the best rims, in my opinion. The Pro-Stop brakes just wore out, lasted as long as any other braking system. Parts began to go, and were no longer in production.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok. just after them more for a show bike then everyday use. Let me know if you come across a set of the downhill HED rims/wheels or know anyone that has or, could help with finding a set. I have a set of the BMX HED rims and they are certainly not a very practicle wheels. Because its a normal rim with a carbon profile. Which would be the exact same as the mtbversion. But i just like the look of them. They make a bike look great.
Appreciate any help
Josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts