Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who offers 6.5" i2i and 1.5" stroke COIL shock, and where to look to purchase?

I have an older Specialized FSR. Was just looking for options that are out there. Looks like Manitou has some offerings as well as Risse racing, anyone else? Does FOX still do a shock that size?

If there are NO good options could a company like PUSH or others take a longer shock and convert it to a smaller size?

Lots of air shocks, but I am only looking at COILS

Also, are there some online retailers that carry a lot of these suspension parts? Seems like rear shocks are much harder to find than most bike parts.

Thanks

·
Big Gulps, Alright!
3,223 Posts
What year FSR do you have? I have a 2005 Spec. SJ FSR and in my experiences looking at 6.5 x 1.5 coil shocks I found that most of the better coil shocks have reservoirs. These wouldn't fit in my frame on account of the interrupted seat tube.

Romic does make one without a reservoir...

http://www.romicmfg.com/mountainbike/Fit List Pg.htm

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Berkley said:
What year FSR do you have? I have a 2005 Spec. SJ FSR and in my experiences looking at 6.5 x 1.5 coil shocks I found that most of the better coil shocks have reservoirs. These wouldn't fit in my frame on account of the interrupted seat tube.

Romic does make one without a reservoir...

http://www.romicmfg.com/mountainbike/Fit List Pg.htm
I have a 1997 FSR MAX frame, it uses a FOX Vanilla Rx with Piggyback. I prefer the advantages a piggyback offers

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,891 Posts
I had a Fox Vanilla (coil) that came on my old C-Dale Super V that was 6.5 x 1.5. They can be found fairly regularly and had for $50 to $75 +/-.

That being said, I replaced the Vanilla with a Manitou Swinger 4-Way Air that was far and away a better riding shock IMHO.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
You can find the plain old Vanilla-R on e-bay for pretty cheap and have it pushed. I used that set-up on my FSR with great results.

Another shock that worked great on the FSR was the Stratos Helix.

Both can be found on e-bay for pretty cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.