Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on all the haro mtbs? Is it Chin Haur or JoyTech ?

·
10,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the higher end ones with the nice cartridge bearings and colour annodized alloy freehub bodies I'm guessing are the Novatech end of the Joytech factory's offering (same as Vuelta uses in their wheelsets, and many other brands) ? If so that greatly simplifies sourcing replacement freehub bodies.

·
10,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I saw some on ebay, don't know what they were taken from but I'd guess given the rim choice being as I recall Sun singletracks that they probably came off a Xeon. I'm sure I'll be seeing more of them in the future, we're looking at making Haro the first major brand for the shop me and a couple partners are in the process of opening. I just wanted to know ahead of time in case a customer asks why they aren't "shimano" hubs or something. I've used a lot of Joytech and Formula and Chin haur manufactured hubs on my own bikes so I've no problem with them myself.

·
Pro
7 Posts
Pivit Disc 9 manufacturer / freehub body replacement info, please?

Ok,

So, I have a Rhyno Lite rear wheel with a Pivit Disc 9 rear hub that I haven't used yet and
I was wondering if you could tell me the manufacturer (my guess is that it is Formula) and if the freehub body is replaceable or not.

The formula free hub mechanism usually last me about 3 months (which is 5 to ten times longer than the Shimano freehub mechanism) and I wanted to find out if there is a replacement part available or if I have to purchase a whole new hub. If so, where do I find replacement Pivit hubs &/or freehubs?

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
OrlandoNick said:
Ok,

So, I have a Rhyno Lite rear wheel with a Pivit Disc 9 rear hub that I haven't used yet and
I was wondering if you could tell me the manufacturer (my guess is that it is Formula) and if the freehub body is replaceable or not.

The formula free hub mechanism usually last me about 3 months (which is 5 to ten times longer than the Shimano freehub mechanism) and I wanted to find out if there is a replacement part available or if I have to purchase a whole new hub. If so, where do I find replacement Pivit hubs &/or freehubs?
How do you destroy hubs so quickly??

Why not go with a sturdier wheel set?? :confused:

·
Pro
7 Posts
wheelsets are plenty sturdy. It's the freehub mechanisms that don't hold up. My Cannondale with a King rear was stolen recently and I don't have the dough to replace it so I want to use what I have and what is affordable at the moment.

·
10,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe he's gravity gifted.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
OrlandoNick said:
Ok,

Not knowing for sure bike the wheels came off of, it's likely either Formula or Joytech.

·
Pro
7 Posts
The hub is a "Pivit Disc 9."

It came on a Rhyno Lite wheelset.

Ordered a Formula Freehub for my 29er so we'll play around to see if it fits on one or both bikes. Thanks...

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is an old thread but will give it a go. Have had a Haro Calavera Comp 27.5 for 3 years with the Pivit wheelset and 10sp freehub. Was curious the maker of this specific hub as to track down an 11sp freehub (if one exists). Not sure to chase Formula, Joytech... or another company. Certainly Joytech's Novatech line could be fairly easy to aquire. Or... if there is a common freehub amongst them, may cut down on the digging for a source?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts