Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
I think DT Swiss

I know that at least one of the Magura hubs is a rebadged DT Swiss Onyx. Prevailing logic would say DT Swiss makes most, if not all Magura's hubs.

Bob

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
crisillo said:
yep... DT makes them..
Compa are Onyx and the Pros are rebadged DT 240 (not the new 240s as I understand)
DT onyx on the Comps

And yes they are DT240S on the Pros......well 05 and newer sets that is.....

You just want him to buy a set of Hopes dontcha Criss........;)

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
TiEndo said:
DT onyx on the Comps

And yes they are DT240S on the Pros......well 05 and newer sets that is.....

You just want him to buy a set of Hopes dontcha Criss........;)
No.. I just haven't seen recent models of the Pros... but I had torn apart older model Pros and they were "plain" 240.. maybe the more current ones are 240S (such as yours), but I know for sure that the 1st year the 240s were out... the magura branded Pro hubs were still the old model...

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
crisillo said:
No.. I just haven't seen recent models of the Pros... but I had torn apart older model Pros and they were "plain" 240.. maybe the more current ones are 240S (such as yours), but I know for sure that the 1st year the 240s were out... the magura branded Pro hubs were still the old model...
You're right about the older ones....04/early05.....Before I said yes to the wheels, my search on the forums here tracked down someone who confirmed with DT that Magura Pro's (new ones) are 240S.......but when I take the bike down to the shop to rebuild the HCR, I'll get my bud to pull em apart and see for sure.......He deals with DT stuff all the time and he was shocked when he saw my wheelset and was even more shocked at what Magura lists them for.........He was choked that the wheels came in fully built a less then complete set of hubs.....And he figured they were DT240S as well.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
TiEndo said:
You're right about the older ones....04/early05.....Before I said yes to the wheels, my search on the forums here tracked down someone who confirmed with DT that Magura Pro's (new ones) are 240S.......but when I take the bike down to the shop to rebuild the HCR, I'll get my bud to pull em apart and see for sure.......He deals with DT stuff all the time and he was shocked when he saw my wheelset and was even more shocked at what Magura lists them for.........He was choked that the wheels came in fully built a less then complete set of hubs.....And he figured they were DT240S as well.
Yeah.. Magura should offers a good deal on them, however around here DT is only marginally more expensive than Hope (same price as the Magura for complete wheelsets).. so I am looking at a 30-50 EUR diff between the Pro 2 and DT 240s paired to 4.2s... oh decisions...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.