Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
yeah im going to try again this year...
I need to figure out a ride and stuff, since my g/f refuses to go after my poor results last year.
 

·
Hup, Hup
Joined
·
536 Posts
I have opted to pass on the racing aspect of Trans Iowa V.2 this year and have instead decided to help out with the operating aspects to relieve some of the stress for Kerkove and Guitar Ted. Best of luck to all of you who are registering on Saturday.
 

·
i like to bicycle
Joined
·
335 Posts
i with the snob

i wanted to do it last year but didn't. this year i'm committing...

SS or gears? that's the tough one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
Espresso not needed

Endurosnob said:
I'll be waiting to click with espresso in hand on Saturday. Considering I was the last guy in for V.1 (after only a day and a half), I won't be taking any chances this year. :)
I am betting that you think you need an Espresso because the registration time is early Saturday. But it isn't. It is 11:00 Pacific time, and Pacific time is two time zones behind us. Sun rises in the East, sets in the West, and we have a two hour head start on the day. So when it is 11:00 there it will be 1:00 here.

So no Espresso needed. Unless 1:00 pm is an early start to your day. . .
 

·
contains quinine
Joined
·
4,639 Posts
mwills said:
i wanted to do it last year but didn't. this year i'm committing...

SS or gears? that's the tough one.
Yeah!

(Let's ride next week.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
I will be signing up this Saturday.

Tans-Iowa: The only race where I finished *last*, and it still felt like (and was) a huge accomplishment!

Joe Partridge

paulclimb510 said:
I know I am along with 3 other friends who did it last year. I will let them speak for themselves.

Paul Jacobson
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
I will be signing up this year - thought about it last year but I had other early season objectives (ie long distance running). I am concerned that I will have some bad college flashbacks as most of the towns (and gravel) in NW Iowa I have been known to consume other than energy drinks.

Mike B
Colorado (but have M'town connections)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Don't Sign Up Unless...

Don't sign up with out being committed to showing up. With only 70 spots available, it is not fair to sign up IF you are just casually considering doing the race.

In my mind, only sign up, if you ARE going to be at the start.
 

·
i like to bicycle
Joined
·
335 Posts
how quick to fill up?

redsnakebite said:
Don't sign up with out being committed to showing up. With only 70 spots available, it is not fair to sign up IF you are just casually considering doing the race.

In my mind, only sign up, if you ARE going to be at the start.
i agree with the above. how fast do we think it will fill up?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Not just for mornings

Morlahach said:
I am betting that you think you need an Espresso because the registration time is early Saturday. But it isn't. It is 11:00 Pacific time, and Pacific time is two time zones behind us. Sun rises in the East, sets in the West, and we have a two hour head start on the day. So when it is 11:00 there it will be 1:00 here.

So no Espresso needed. Unless 1:00 pm is an early start to your day. . .
Only drinking good coffee in the morning is like wasting half of your day. :)
 

·
Category Winner
Joined
·
6,100 Posts
Hey again

Eddie O said:
Not yet, but I haven't really tried too hard either. Let's get focused after the Holidays....

Are you just signing up hoping things work out? I thought about securing my spot, and seeing how things shake down with Iron Bike/Italy. I could stand to lose $25 if I had to.
 
1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Top