Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kona Crbn Process 153 with Fox suspension, 2017 Steel Honzo!
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My name is Tony Martin and I operate an international mountain bike company called 2Wheel Epix; our company focuses on taking mountain bikers to under developed countries to show them the world's most exotic and least ridden mountain bike trails. We travel to the most forgotten corners of the world to ride the longest downhill, the biggest freerides, and the craziest geographies. So, who here is ready to take their mountain bike career to next level and start riding the world's most remote, raw and epic mountain bike trails. twowheelepix.com

·
Registered
ya like dags?
5,889 Posts
So yeah, Tony-

How is your company dealing with the Covid? You didn't mention that, and I would imagine it would affect operations bigly.
There's a box you can check on most visa applications that says "I'm here to shred gnar brah".

It will almost always get you in, even in COVID times.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I'm going to start with a little drive across the Canadian border and see how that goes.
Is the border open yet? I've been dreaming about making a pilgrimage to BC again. No need to search all over the world for crazy trails- they're right across the border.?

Reactions: stripes

·
Elitest thrill junkie
41,057 Posts
Rich people, that's who.

• Sad
Reactions: cyclelicious

·
This place needs an enema
17,702 Posts
My name is Tony Martin and I operate an international mountain bike company called 2Wheel Epix; our companies focuses on taking mountain bikers to underdeveloped countries to show them the world's most exotic and least ridden mountain bike trails. We travel the most forgotten corners of the world to ride the longest downhill, the biggest freerides, and the craziest geographies. So who here is ready to take their mountain bike career to next level and start riding the world's most remote, raw and epic mountain bike trails.
Hyperbole aside, you seem to have difficulty with basic spelling and punctuation.

One of the most gross, tone-deaf things I think I've ever seen is mountain bikers ripping down footpaths as the locals/villagers scatter to get out of the way.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hyperbole aside, you seem to have difficulty with basic spelling and punctuation.

One of the most gross, tone-deaf things I think I've ever seen is mountain bikers ripping down footpaths as the locals/villagers scatter to get out of the way.
I also have a problem with the "F everybody else" mentality so prevalent these days, inside and outside of the bicycling world. I don't know if OP runs trips that are rude to locals and non-riders, so hopefully that does not apply to OP.
As for grammar, I'm assuming English is a second language for the OP being based in South America. If so I think he or she did a good job with it.

OP, some suggestions if you want to raise interest in your company:
1) Describe some trips you can take visitors on;
2) Explain why visitors should feel secure giving money to a stranger and which financial arrangements you use to provide protection for both sides;
3) Explain COVID safety measures that you use, or that are required by countries you visit;
4) Provide references or reviews;
5) Explain how much of the trip planning process and logistics you handle, and how much of it the customer will be required to figure out? What happens when they land at the airport? After that?
6) Do you carry insurance to cover emergencies or cancellations? Do your customers need to purchase this type of insurance? Where can they find it?
7) Put this information on a website.
Good luck to you.

·
Registered
20,190 Posts
I also have a problem with the "F everybody else" mentality so prevalent these days, inside and outside of the bicycling world. I don't know if OP runs trips that are rude to locals and non-riders, so hopefully that does not apply to OP.
As for grammar, I'm assuming English is a second language for the OP being based in South America. If so I think he or she did a good job with it.

OP, some suggestions if you want to raise interest in your company:
1) Describe some trips you can take visitors on;
2) Explain why visitors should feel secure giving money to a stranger and which financial arrangements you use to provide protection for both sides;
3) Explain COVID safety measures that you use, or that are required by countries you visit;
4) Provide references or reviews;
5) Explain how much of the trip planning process and logistics you handle, and how much of it the customer will be required to figure out? What happens when they land at the airport? After that?
6) Do you carry insurance to cover emergencies or cancellations? Do your customers need to purchase this type of insurance? Where can they find it?
7) Put this information on a website.
Good luck to you.
Because of his or her post I've already looked at their website, so I suppose that starting this thread was effective.

·
Administrator
12,439 Posts
It's supposed to be in a little over a week.
Check the requirements. I was going to go up to there but you need to have a negative covid test 72hr prior and then test at the border then it gets fuzzy. I wasn't able to figure out if I needed to order a test to test at the border or whether there would be one provided, and then how that impacts me and my travel in Canada. Whether I need to await results or can go to Whistler directly.

Definitely go to here: COVID-19: Entering Canada requirements checklist - Travel restrictions in Canada - Travel.gc.ca first

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I've booked a 10 day trip to Tasmania November with 11 of my closest mates. Yeha!
Hopefully covid lockdowns don't screw it.

I'm betting on the vaccine to doing its thing and reducing the chance of lockdown.

·
since 4/10/2009
37,118 Posts
Just booked 2 weeks in Europe for 2022. Not a mtb-specific vacation, but we do have plans to get some bike miles (my wife and I are going with one of my riding buddies and his wife). This was supposed to be a 15yr anniversary trip for my wife and I last yr, but COVID wrecked that. Hoping that almost 11mo is more than enough time for this stuff to get under control.

So much this. The last thing I want to do when I travel is to be disrespectful of the people who live there.

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
You don't have to travel far to see this behavior. The deeper you get, the less people you see. While mountain biking trails in Iceland's national parks, I only saw hikers and trekkers a few miles in, then I was alone.

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
So yeah, Tony-

How is your company dealing with the Covid? You didn't mention that, and I would imagine it would affect operations bigly.
International travel never stopped. Your TV probably told you it did but It wasn't true. While people believed they were on lockdown, I was getting my passport stamped.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've booked a 10 day trip to Tasmania November with 11 of my closest mates. Yeha!
Hopefully covid lockdowns don't screw it.

I'm betting on the vaccine to doing its thing and reducing the chance of lockdown.
Enjoy. Derby, south Hobart and of course Maydena are all amazing.
I hear some of queenstown will be open by then as well.

All though that may be a rather risky bet.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.