Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I see they're starting it earlier this year. With a high temp of 105 on Saturday it could get a bit warm down in the concrete jungle.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am the rider formerly known as Craig...Sorry Bombin, No offense intended. I shall now and here to forth be known simply as Chad....(or Stoopid Chad, but that is just JJs pet name for me )

·
Registered
771 Posts
Crit

Will be working medical again. If you see a guy passed out from the heat at one of the corners just step over me and leave me be!!

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
Nick, don't you know that this board is reserved for discussing those kinds of cycling that involve chair lifts, body armor, 15 inches of travel, 95 lb bikes, and no pedaling uphill? Don't you know that cycling is evolving and that the kind of riding that involves pedaling is going the way of the dodo bird? Why don't you take this shaved-leg, lycra-clad, I-actually-pedal-my-bike and ride-to-stay-in-shape stuff somewhere else!?!?! Jeez, the nerve of some people.

Whew. Rant over. That said, I'll be there. I've been out of town the last couple of years for the Twit Crit (good name, BTW). Nothing like sitting on concrete for 6 hours watching emaciated, leg-shaving, lycra-clad, holocaust-survivor-looking, bib-wearing, Lance-loving, no-beer-drinking weenies pedal skinny tired bikes in a circle. I'll be the one passed out in a pile of my own Folgers spackle.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Carnage

Just found out that the Cat 4-5 men's race on Sat has maxed out the entrants at 75!
75 less-than-elites riding in a pack, many for the first time, in 105 degree weather! Sounds like there may be a skinny tire salvage yard Saturday night after that race!

Anybody on the board braving the Left turn contest on Saturday, if so good luck with the race!

·
King of the Barneys
1,121 Posts
Earthpig said:
Nick, don't you know that this board is reserved for discussing those kinds of cycling that involve chair lifts, body armor, 15 inches of travel, 95 lb bikes, and no pedaling uphill? Don't you know that cycling is evolving and that the kind of riding that involves pedaling is going the way of the dodo bird? Why don't you take this shaved-leg, lycra-clad, I-actually-pedal-my-bike and ride-to-stay-in-shape stuff somewhere else!?!?! Jeez, the nerve of some people.

Whew. Rant over. That said, I'll be there. I've been out of town the last couple of years for the Twit Crit (good name, BTW). Nothing like sitting on concrete for 6 hours watching emaciated, leg-shaving, lycra-clad, holocaust-survivor-looking, bib-wearing, Lance-loving, no-beer-drinking weenies pedal skinny tired bikes in a circle. I'll be the one passed out in a pile of my own Folgers spackle.
LOL! We might not agree on much, except for our affection for Brandi, but loved this post! and I'm man enough to give credit where it is due. :) Good stuff, maynard!:p

CDB
sorry, I couldn't help myself.

·
TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
2,981 Posts
BelaySlave said:
Did Kristin make that look TOO EASY or what?
Her teammates were controlling the corners and keeping anyone from attacking pretty well too.

·
just a man
1,863 Posts
I've never been known as Chad

k2cruiser72 said:
I am the rider formerly known as Craig...Sorry Bombin, No offense intended. I shall now and here to forth be known simply as Chad....(or Stoopid Chad, but that is just JJs pet name for me )
I had a good chuckle at this the other day! Nice riding E'side with ya yesterday man. Good turnout, no carnage and lots of sweat - nice job! :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts