Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who here's Got a Sushi Passion??? Man i'm totally jonzin' for some right now
We go almost once a week (so damn $$$) gotta have it! My son loves the squid salad and Unagi (eel) and Uni (not tellin') are my favs. couple bottles of saki and a couple of sapporos i'm set! gotta love it.

hey look they found him! :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
brado1 said:
We go almost once a week (so damn $$$) gotta have it! My son loves the squid salad and Unagi (eel) and Uni (not tellin') are my favs. couple bottles of saki and a couple of sapporos i'm set! gotta love it.

Does tuna out of a can on a stale tortilla count?

·
my girl rides also
650 Posts
Oh man...now you've done it. I could eat that all damn day. The only thing is, I use my hands instead of chopsticks, and my girlfriend always thinks I've been cheating on her when I get home. It's a source of constant strain in our relationship, especially after all the sake and sapporos.

·
Mmmmmm Beer!
617 Posts
He*^ yea! I'm going tonight and I go to this place so often I don't even order anymore. I was just there Tuesday night and now my wife comes home from a business trip and guess where she wanted to go. Who am I to disagree....

·
Its only 1" on the map!
1,161 Posts
You Betcha..

brado1 said:

Never did the sushi thing, until I spent the better part of last year in Japan. Now I'm an addict. It is soooo much better in Japan and at most places it is much much cheaper that in the US. When you can fill up on sushi for less than $20, I went a couple time a week.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Hey Bill

Come on out to the SSSSS at BLT. There will be a night ride on the Perfect Cycling Trail on Sat night. :D
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=89879
mtbbill said:
Never did the sushi thing, until I spent the better part of last year in Japan. Now I'm an addict. It is soooo much better in Japan and at most places it is much much cheaper that in the US. When you can fill up on sushi for less than $20, I went a couple time a week.

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
yup

Spent $14 on dinner last night, in fact: Sushi Sashimi Deluxe w/miso soup.

I have NO business buying sushi on my current budget, but I justify it easily since it's healthier than any other take-out option around here. Except for steamed vegetables and brown rice from the Chinese place, but let's be realistic......!

It's sorta like mtb: I don't mind spending the $$$ on it, b/c it's *healthy* to indulge. A guilty pleasure without the guilt, so to speak.

·
Registered
308 Posts
There is this little place called Midori's...

Right down the street from the 17th Ave Alberta Treasury Branch. I go there once a week with my wife. We order a bunch of tempura, a bunch of sushi and a pot of tea. The whole show sets us back CDN$30.00.

My favourite is this Avacado & Unagi roll the new Chef calls, "The Dragon". Not only is it delicious, but it is very pleasing to the eye.

They know us on sight and are all Japanese or Korean-Japanese. They just hired a new Sushi Chef straight from Japan... who didn't speak a lick if English two months ago.

If you're ever in Calgary, PM me and I'll give you directions...

·
Registered
167 Posts
brado1 said:
Shhhhhhhhh! Yeah our Sushi place rarely has it & there's always a fight for it!
If you are really nice you can get that stuff for free down on the warf in Santa Barbara. I was down there touring the coast guard cutter while the crew was unloading a boatload of sea urchin. Basically any urchin that fell out of the net was handed down to us on the dock. 11pm at night, butt cold, and we're all cracking open Sea Urchin. First time I'd tried anything raw, absolutely amazing!

Sushi is good stuff, but I prefer sashimi, all the rice and seaweed gets in the way. Ahi tuna is the best!

The Ito

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sushi is good stuff, but I prefer sashimi, all the rice and seaweed gets in the way. Ahi tuna is the best!
Ito speaks the truth.
Maguro and Hon Maguro are unreal.
Shiro Maguro is also excellent.
Yellowtail is good with scallions.

I could eat sushi every day for every meal and never tire of it.

Sushi - I eat it
Only to come back hungry
and eat it again

5 7 5 baby there is a sushi haiku for your ass biotch!

blame it on the painkillers...

·
MRI Magnet Quencher Fixer
632 Posts
The best sushi is in Colorado.

We get ocean fresh fish every day. Colorado is known for its fresh fish. Right?

The best sushi house in GJ is Suehiros. (SP) They get their fish flown in on a semi regular basis.

TJ

·
PITY THE FOOL!
288 Posts
arturo7 said:
Probably my favorite word in Japanese or English.
Definitely the way to go when having sushi. Just bring your plastic to pay the bill.

Sushi twice this week and again for dinner tonight most likely. Sooooo gooooood!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.