Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 594 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I herniated a disc last week and spent a good majority of the last 7 days on the couch keeping myself busy reading up on everything the world wide web has to offer...I'm building up a new SS 29er at the beginning of the year and was looking for inspiration..I realize that SS and all-out no expense-spared builds don't necessarily go hand in hand, but for those who said f-the budget let me see what you have!

Even if it's not yours post up some pics, love to see what's out there.

-Gabe

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I stole the OP's picture from that thread to get the inspiration going. Bad-ass singlespeeds can be carbon, ti, steel, alloy, rigid..doesn't matter to me. I'm talking custom built, or stock and customized, one off paint schemes, cool wheels or custom bits..Lets see what you have mtbr!

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts

If you are looking for a weight-weenie 29er, this isn't it ;)

·
Registered
338 Posts

If you are looking for a weight-weenie 29er, this isn't it ;)
Mine either. No pic at the moment. Custom steel frame/rigid fork, stans flow wheels, dh cranks ( I used to be 230 lbs) thomson stem/seatpost, a seat, some grips, hydro brakes.

It weighs more than a lot of the guys' bikes around here. I spend a lot of time fretting about my bikes weight..........at the trail head waiting for everyone else :D

LIke most things in life, it's the singer, not the song.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
^very cool!

I'm a big fan of my Monocog. Probably not the baddest ss around, but in my mind it is. No frills 08 Monocog frame with an upgraded wheelset (hopes laced to i23 hoops) and other misc stuff. I have put about $800 in this bike since it was given to me as a gift from my wife about 5 years ago:

Sorry for the bad photos...bad meaning bad not bad meaning good. ;)

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I like mine ...

Ventana El Comandante
Kings with Flows.
Modified XTR960.
King Headeset.
King Bottom Bracket.
Thomson Masterpiece seatpost.
Thomson seat collar.
Thomson X4 Stem.
Niner Carbon handlebar.
Magura Marta SL brakes.
Niner carbon fork.

SPP

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We already have a thread called "Post your SS."

:D
Believe me I know that thread, and I have nothing against completely stock off the shelf bikes or geared conversions, but that's a majority of them....

I'm hoping to see some awesome custom stuff, unique builds, built to the max bikes, to give me some ideas for the bike I'm putting together over the winter. That doesn't mean it has to weigh 8lbs or Cost $11k....but it would cool if there was something like that too!

1 - 20 of 594 Posts