Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible? I have had my Duster 29s at the LBS for the past week, off of my 2013 Rumblefish, and now they are saying they aren't tubeless ready as they have tried multiple lots to no avail. I thought they were because I was told so when I bought the bike.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Is it possible? I have had my Duster 29s at the LBS for the past week, off of my 2013 Rumblefish, and now they are saying they aren't tubeless ready as they have tried multiple lots to no avail. I thought they were because I was told so when I bought the bike.
Duster rims are TLR (UST compatible) when used with the proper Bonty TLR rim strips and valves. By far my favorite tubeless rim.

You need the Rhythm symmetrical rim strip from a Trek dealer.

·
Resident Gear Head
727 Posts
I tried today and had no luck. Was leaking from the valve with Bontrager valves and Gorilla tape. I think they have to be used with Bontrager strips. I ordered some direct from Trek, 30$ shipped

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,891 Posts
Duster rims are TLR (UST compatible) when used with the proper Bonty TLR rim strips and valves. By far my favorite tubeless rim.

You need the Rhythm symmetrical rim strip from a Trek dealer.
+1

Very high quality tubeless system from Bontrager. Works great with Dusters. I don't know why anyone would bother with any other tubeless system for Dusters when this one works so well.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
+1

Very high quality tubeless system from Bontrager. Works great with Dusters. I don't know why anyone would bother with any other tubeless system for Dusters when this one works so well.
Yup. I have a ~10 year old Rhythm wheelset with the original rimstrips and valves that still works as new.

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
I run the Dusters that came with my Stache 8 tubeless using the Bonty Strips and valves. Make sure you use the Bontrager valves otherwise you'll have leaking issues like I did when the shop first of all provided me with Stans valves instead!

They work awesome now though! :)

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
I still can't get over how easy this was to do with the Bantrager Rythm rim strips and valves. I can't want to get my new Ground Control/Captain tires on the trail!
Amazing that a tubeless rim/tire system designed to work together as such is easy to setup, isn't it? Makes you wonder why you would ever want to deal with the conversion methods.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Amazing that a tubeless rim/tire system designed to work together as such is easy to setup, isn't it? Makes you wonder why you would ever want to deal with the conversion methods.
Agreed! I've seen so many guys come to the shop having spent hours on end trying to do some Gorilla tape hack, only to fail repeatedly. Sometimes the answer is right under your nose if you just look.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just did 27.5 dusters(slash 7) using stans tape/juice/presta, using floor pump with one attempt each:). Holding air after one ride so far.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Just did 27.5 dusters(slash 7) using stans tape/juice/presta, using floor pump with one attempt each:). Holding air after one ride so far.
Still a temporary hack job. The proper TLR rim strips, designed specifically for the rim, is even easier, more secure, reliable, and durable.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.