Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Always Learning
9,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was up searching eBay this AM and found a Reba SL new in box for $99!!! I checked the seller's store 1400+ items with lots of Reba forks at normal prices, went back to click the buy it now button and somebody beat me to it by a few seconds. Not that I really need another fork at this point, but a bargain is a bargain.

Great deal! Probably a typo listing mistake on the seller's part, but $99 for a brand new in box REBA SL with an uncut steerer tube? Now we're talking...

Anyway - congrats to the buyer if they are a forum reader.

BB

·
WNC Native
4,039 Posts
HA HA, That would have been me!!!:thumbsup: Talk about a great way to start the day off. Now let's just see if I actually get it for that.

·
Always Learning
9,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nitrousjunky said:
HA HA, That would have been me!!!:thumbsup: Talk about a great way to start the day off. Now let's just see if I actually get it for that.
Dang! You must have beat me by the snap of a finger.

Let us know if the seller goes through with that typo? Heck, he's also selling the internal/external parts kit for the upgrade to pushlock for $99. So with shipping and the upgrade, you could have a $500 - 600 new fork for a mere $225.

But $99 with the $24.99 shipping is a real STEAL you lucky guy.:thumbsup:

BB

·
WNC Native
4,039 Posts
Okay, total shipping and Insurance $128.99:D . I got the invoice and already made payment. I hope they go through with it! I'll let you guys know.

·
WNC Native
4,039 Posts
BruceBrown said:
Beers on you - especially if you turn around and sell it on eBay for $350.:D
Oh it will be used, not resold.

Sounds fair enough, round on me if it goes through.;)

·
WNC Native
4,039 Posts
Bad News: The seller bucked the sale because of the error in the listing price. Ebay stood behind them. According to Ebay- in this situation, Seller can offer that you pay the corrected price or the seller has to cancel the sale (and give you full immediate refund). So it appears if a buyer purchases an item they are held to the ending price, however seller's are not held to that price.

So no deal on the 09 fork:bluefrown: .

·
Klunkin' Ain't Easy.
449 Posts
nitrousjunky said:
Bad News: The seller bucked the sale because of the error in the listing price. Ebay stood behind them. According to Ebay- in this situation, Seller can offer that you pay the corrected price or the seller has to cancel the sale (and give you full immediate refund). So it appears if a buyer purchases an item they are held to the ending price, however seller's are not held to that price.

BOOOOO! I just took a bath on shipping on something I sold and stood by it. Is there no integrity anymore?

·
Registered
57 Posts
nitrousjunky said:
According to Ebay- in this situation, Seller can offer that you pay the corrected price or the seller has to cancel the sale (and give you full immediate refund). So it appears if a buyer purchases an item they are held to the ending price, however seller's are not held to that price..
That's total BS. The rules should apply the same to both sides of the transaction.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
nitrousjunky said:

Reeedickulous...Seriously, seller has to live up to his end of the bargain same as a buyer does. Not in Bizarro land apparently.
I imagine then being forced to go through with it would have been a relatively cheap learning experience on how to run an auction. Nowadays they can do what they want with impunity...
Ebay is 1/10th what it used to be.
CDT

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Yeah

nitrousjunky said:

But really, the listing was clearly a mistake. A 99 dollar buy it now for a 600+ dollar fork is obviously wrong. Would you want to take a 300-400 dollar hit on a fork because you made a simple screw up? I personally wouldn't want to take advantage of somebody like that.

·
WNC Native
4,039 Posts
I knew it was an obvious mistake, but I went for it just in case it did go through. You know you would have tried also. I sell about the same amount of stuff on ebay as I buy there. However I proof read everything before I hit the final list button. I could see an error in price, but I don't see how they accidently listed as buy it now instead of auction style. There is an obvious difference when setting up the listing.

I agree it would suck to be in the seller's shoes, but I disagree with ebay's policy on that. It's not fair to hold the buyer to a legal purchase contract when the seller can opt out if desired, with no penalties.

·
Always Learning
9,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nitrousjunky said:

Bummer. I had envisioned this morning hitting the "buy it now" button only to have the whole thing be retracted due to the mistake. The thought crossed my mind - briefly - to click on "report it" to eBay since I knew it was an obvious mistake which is why I went digging through the guy's store list to see if this was a one off mistake or if there were more.

What the heck - it was worth a shot for you and hopefully you aren't out any PayPal fees as a result.

BB

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.