Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
I love the cycling cap, I rarely ride without it. They look good and are very functional.

In the spring and summer it keeps the sun off my face and out of my eyes. It also keeps the bees out of my hair. Without a cap they fly into the helmet vents and get stuck, but with the cap they pass through.

In the rainy season (Oregon has a long rainy season) it keeps most of the water off my glasses.

Every now and then I'll admit to wearing it off the bike, yeah, I'm that guy. I think cycling caps look pretty good, especially on me.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Love my retro wool swobo cap.

Wear it often, on and off the bike.

It's blue and black, but I cut out the tag so I can reverse and have an all black cap for "those days."

Yes, I am definately "that guy," no doubt about it.

·
Recovering couch patato
13,971 Posts
If you have a helmet that doesn't fit too snugly, they're nice and easy replacements for the Buff.
I used to get caps for free, since I've not found it in my heart to spend money on them.

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,130 Posts
Snappy Caps

I've got a big head and most cycling caps won't fit me. I was out of luck until I came across this company. http://www.snappycaps.com The proprietor of this home based company (Lincoln, Nebraska!) can make you a custom cap made to measure. I did this and I couldn't be happier. I ended up ordering two more and I will no doubt be getting more, as they have added winter caps (flaps!) to their inventory that I will wear through the winter here.

Walz caps is another great family owned busines that makes some fine caps. (They do Surly's caps, by the way) and I have seen their stuff, but alas, they do not fit me nearly as well as the Snappy Caps.

Why a cycling hat? Well, for those that shave their head, are bald, or have thinner hair they may protect you from getting a sun burn, (Helmet vents are big these days folks) and they can prevent sweat from rolling down into your eyes. Cooler weather is perfect for them, and of course, the fact that they enhance the characteristics of 29"er wheels can not be overstated. ;) :p

(How do threads like this end up on this forum anyway?)

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Guitar Ted said:
How do threads like this end up on this forum anyway?)
Because 29er riders are the uber cycling fascionistas dontcha know? C'mon, anything that makes you appear more metrosexual must be good, right? Bring on the man-capris, euro-cut cycling sweaters, and silly little caps, etc.

·
those are Rollercams...
1,890 Posts
~gomez~ said:
Nothing can resist my Schvetty Balls
Thanks, thanks a lot. I shot ginger ale out my nose :lol:

Back on topic I have three in the rotation, a black/white plaid Walz, a black Cinelli (like my idol Dicky) and an ancient Ritchey Logic number, yellowed with age and funky sweat.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.