Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Weekend Warrior
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else going to the group ride at Sandhill Tomorrow?

It's hosted by someone over at Bikeworks (bikeworks.com) They meet out there at 8:00. They say its about 2.5 hours max, i don't think I'll last that long but I'll check it out.

I have the need to ride lately and I can't explain it. I wish I could go every day, but the closest place is 1 hour away.

Here is the map if you're interested:

http://maps.yahoo.com/map?q1=3290 S...3&zoom=16&q1=3290 Snow Hill Road Chuluota, FL

Here is the info I copied from them:

Come ride with us.......
What? Sunday MORNING MOUNTAIN Bike Ride
When? Every Sunday at 8am
Where? Flagler Trail Head 3290 Snow Hill Road
Across from Walker Elementary School - Chuluota, FL
Length? Approx. 2 1/2 hours
Helmets? Preferred Bikes? Mountain
Details? 407-696-6555 at North store
Just show up ready to ride - no reservations needed!

·
Weekend Warrior
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow, great ride and the guys I was with where awesome. I however got my a$$ handed to me by the other guys. After around mile 8 i had to break off and head to the trail head. It was weird, i felt fine after a 2 minute rest but as soon as I climbed on the bike my legs just wouldn't push anymore. But then again, my cassette was bad so every time I applied torque the bike ghost shifted into a smaller ring (in the back) and as soon as I let go it shifted back into the initial gear. WEIRD. So I ended up going the rest of the trail either in 1st or 2nd, or 7th or 8th.

Right after the ride I went back to BikeWorks and they changed out my cassette, and bend back the derailleur hanger as apparently I twisted the [email protected] out of it... now everything works perfect.

Thanks guys. I had a great time. I'll try to make it out next Sunday again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.