Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
I think the 575 is what I'd be riding right now if it weren't for the Moto-lite. To me it basically comes down to if you want a better climber, or a better descender. Each are probably great at both, but in theory (all my education having come from MTBR - so please take with grain of salt) the ML should be more efficient with its shorter travel, and a true Horst linkage.

Here are a couple of more links:

here
&
here

·
Banned
656 Posts
dulyebr said:
I think the 575 is what I'd be riding right now if it weren't for the Moto-lite. To me it basically comes down to if you want a better climber, or a better descender. Each are probably great at both, but in theory (all my education having come from MTBR - so please take with grain of salt) the ML should be more efficient with its shorter travel, and a true Horst linkage.

Here are a couple of more links:

here
&
here
the 575 climbs like a hardtail in the full propedal mode (2006 RP3), no kidding. dont know if its the 8lbs ive lost but i feel like im climbing better now than with my HH.

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
jaco said:
the 575 climbs like a hardtail in the full propedal mode (2006 RP3), no kidding. dont know if its the 8lbs ive lost but i feel like im climbing better now than with my HH.
The Moto-lite climbs like a hardtail with a jet engine strapped on to the seatpost... :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Well, While we are all being honest...and I hope we are, I have an Ells Epiphany, which is wicked efficient, and I jumped on my buddies 575 and litteraly you don't feel any bob whatsoever, so much so that I looked down and was suprised to see the linkage moving...This is definately a bike I would consider if I was doing all over again. And now you can do it with carbon at under 6 pounds - are you kidding me!??????
On a budget the 575 can't be beat, PLEASE!!!!!
-Pusher
...Before you blast me, you had better try it.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
PAINpusher said:
Well, While we are all being honest...and I hope we are, I have an Ells Epiphany, which is wicked efficient, and I jumped on my buddies 575 and litteraly you don't feel any bob whatsoever, so much so that I looked down and was suprised to see the linkage moving...This is definately a bike I would consider if I was doing all over again. And now you can do it with carbon at under 6 pounds - are you kidding me!??????
On a budget the 575 can't be beat, PLEASE!!!!!
-Pusher
...Before you blast me, you had better try it.
arguing the difference between thease 2 bikes is lame. they both rock. and they both list for $1399. and then there is the blur LT for just about $100 more. its win-win-win for riders.

·
Banned
656 Posts
demo_slug said:
arguing the difference between thease 2 bikes is lame. they both rock. and they both list for $1399. and then there is the blur LT for just about $100 more. its win-win-win for riders.
well said. :p

·
Registered
410 Posts
demo_slug said:
Slug,
I wasn't arguing the difference between the 575 & Titus - I've never even ridden Titus! I was simply expressing how blown away I was by the 575. And with that said, I do hope to test ride the Moto-Lite ASAP. I can't believe you can't get the ML anodized, that was what 1st lured me to Titus years ago.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
PAINpusher said:
Slug,
I wasn't arguing the difference between the 575 & Titus - I've never even ridden Titus! I was simply expressing how blown away I was by the 575. And with that said, I do hope to test ride the Moto-Lite ASAP. I can't believe you can't get the ML anodized, that was what 1st lured me to Titus years ago.
no doubt......IMHO, the current crop of 5 inch trail bikes are great. the Motolite, blur and 575 are my favorite light weight customs in price vs performance. I bought a motolite. Powder coat red. nice bike.

no ano for the motolite. maybe 07?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.