Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Maaaaan
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking all over the net for info, but I can't find out who bought out Mountain Cycle or what they plan on doing with it.

Later, Eric

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
miles said:
Kinesis sold Mountain Cycle? I see nothing on their website or on BRAIN to indicate it's been sold...

miles
Last fall. Shut the doors one day and told know one to come back. Seriously. That's why all their frames are on closeout all over for dirt cheap.

·
Maaaaan
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are not going out of business.

mattsavage said:
Last fall. Shut the doors one day and told know one to come back. Seriously. That's why all their frames are on closeout all over for dirt cheap.
That statement is not entirely true. Mountain Cycle is reorganizing and has stopped production on things like road bikes, that they should never have tried to build anyways.
They are still making mountain bikes however.
The other comment about thier frames being on sale at closeout prices is not entirely true either. Mountain Cycle's frames have always been good deals at Adrenaline and other mail order sites.
I know some of the story from talking to a guy from Mountain Cycle at the Interbike Outdoor demo in Boulder City, but I forgot to ask who owns it now.
One of their new bike models, is a 6 inch version of the Fury, Ummmmmm!
This rumor about them totaly closing is going to kill Mountain Cycle if someone doesn't do something about it soon. I keep running into people that don't want to buy the product because they think they have already gone under into chapter 11.
I would highly suggest that Mountain Cycle invest in a lot of advertising space in the bike rags soon. I would also suggest that they not say anything about reorganising in the adds. They just need to show off the awsome new products with whole page adds.
Another, but less importent idea, would be for them to update their graphics.
I really love my San An, but the graphics are not so...inspired looking.

I hope the new owner isn't someone like Trek, they will ruin a good name.

·
Registered
14 Posts
TWISTED said:
The news is all over BRAIN, they've done several stories. I also remember seeing some other Mountain Cycle news around here somewhere.....real close if I remember.....
Ya this guy probally doesn't know anything....lol
Just joking TimMY
So what is the deal?

Ceder

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.