Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
MPLS transplant
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am at school at Colorado College, and have a few people to ride with, but would love more. I usually ride Palmer around 2:00 in the afternoon after school. I'm wondering who all rides around springs on this board and would like to get some rides going (Ive seen the occasional afternnon ride post on here).

-Matt
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
I ride in the springs. I usually get home around 2:30ish, then if I go riding its usually 3:30ish. Give me a PM sometime if you want to go.
 

·
MPLS transplant
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
COmtbiker12 said:
I ride in the springs. I usually get home around 2:30ish, then if I go riding its usually 3:30ish. Give me a PM sometime if you want to go.
You riding this sunday at 10:15 or whenever it is? If I'm not skiing (gotta stretch the season out) i'll try to get there. 10:15 is real early for us college students though.
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
mcarples said:
You riding this sunday at 10:15 or whenever it is? If I'm not skiing (gotta stretch the season out) i'll try to get there. 10:15 is real early for us college students though.
Lol, if you don't go skiing hopefully I'll see ya there.

I'm hoping to stretch the season out more too although I think it's going to mean going to A-Basin in t-shirts and shorts for the next month or so. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
i live in the springs

palmer in the evenings after work (after this week), and ute park during lunch time weekdays

weekends, its open

if you can swing ute weekdays for lunch, lemme know.

mike
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
wildman said:
palmer in the evenings after work (after this week), and ute park during lunch time weekdays

weekends, its open

if you can swing ute weekdays for lunch, lemme know.

mike
Mike you want to hit Palmer on Friday around lunchish? I have the rest of the week off. :D Or, want to meet up for the sunday ride?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,104 Posts
I am

mcarples said:
So I am at school at Colorado College, and have a few people to ride with, but would love more. I usually ride Palmer around 2:00 in the afternoon after school. I'm wondering who all rides around springs on this board and would like to get some rides going (Ive seen the occasional afternnon ride post on here).

-Matt
A CC student? We don't like your kind around here.... Just kidding :). I can get to Palmer by 3:30 if you want to meet for a ride sometime. What kind of riding do you do?

K (CC alum by marraige)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
no can do...

COmtbiker12 said:
Mike you want to hit Palmer on Friday around lunchish? I have the rest of the week off. :D Or, want to meet up for the sunday ride?
...finalizing the bumper project this week. besides, i typically ride ute at lunch since its close to my work. palmer eves and whatever on the weekends. sundays, cant ride till @ 130, church in the am for the next couple of weeks, then probably switch to sat nights for that. so sun am rides will be possible in the near future.

btw, ill try to hit your PM sometime today, so check it out.

mike
 

·
MPLS transplant
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kristian said:
A CC student? We don't like your kind around here.... Just kidding :). I can get to Palmer by 3:30 if you want to meet for a ride sometime. What kind of riding do you do?

K (CC alum by marraige)
I ride cross country. I'll ride almost anything at palmer but I'm doing it on a hardtail, so I'm not looking for the big drops
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
wildman said:
...finalizing the bumper project this week. besides, i typically ride ute at lunch since its close to my work. palmer eves and whatever on the weekends. sundays, cant ride till @ 130, church in the am for the next couple of weeks, then probably switch to sat nights for that. so sun am rides will be possible in the near future.

btw, ill try to hit your PM sometime today, so check it out.

mike
Alright sounds good Mike! Have a good day dude.
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
mcarples said:
I ride cross country. I'll ride almost anything at palmer but I'm doing it on a hardtail, so I'm not looking for the big drops
If I'm not on my V10 I don't really like drops either. On my AC I'll usually just do xc stuff and the occasional small jump/drop but nothing more than 2-3feet.
 

·
I don't do PC
Joined
·
7,401 Posts
mcarples said:
I ride cross country. I'll ride almost anything at palmer but I'm doing it on a hardtail, so I'm not looking for the big drops
Matt- we ride around 2-3p during the week in the canyon and at palmer, BTW, we hooked up with a CC student awhile back at the top of the chutes and rode buckhorn/capt jacks, there were 3 of us, was that you? One of the guys in our group is Kalan and he said he was talking to the guy about riding with us more. -Rick
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
rroeder said:
Matt- we ride around 2-3p during the week in the canyon and at palmer, BTW, we hooked up with a CC student awhile back at the top of the chutes and rode buckhorn/capt jacks, there were 3 of us, was that you? One of the guys in our group is Kalan and he said he was talking to the guy about riding with us more. -Rick
Rick, think you'll be in for the sunday ride at Palmer?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,104 Posts
mcarples said:
I ride cross country. I'll ride almost anything at palmer but I'm doing it on a hardtail, so I'm not looking for the big drops
Cool--I usually take the hardtail to Palmer too. We should meet up sometime. Wanna ride next week (if not on Sunday at the group ride)?
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
kristian said:
Cool--I usually take the hardtail to Palmer too. We should meet up sometime. Wanna ride next week (if not on Sunday at the group ride)?
If you do, I'm in too depending on time and day..
 

·
I don't do PC
Joined
·
7,401 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
Rick, think you'll be in for the sunday ride at Palmer?
Yeah, I might be in, I need to fix my front brake, one of the handlebar mounting screws stripped out on my Hayes brake so I need to drill and tap it. Hopefully it works or I will be buying a whole new brake :eek:
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
rroeder said:
Yeah, I might be in, I need to fix my front brake, one of the handlebar mounting screws stripped out on my Hayes brake so I need to drill and tap it. Hopefully it works or I will be buying a whole new brake :eek:
That wouldn't be any fun. :( Hopefully you get it fixed. I woulda given you an old broken Mag that I had laying aorund but I think somehow I got rid of it a while ago or something.
 

·
MPLS transplant
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rick- wasn't me, i havebn't rode jacks or chutes since the fall, but i probably will be going soon (Its such a long uphill from campus).

Kristian- I'll try and make the sunday ride, but if not, we should def ride next week.

BTW, i rode palmer yesterday and the trails were not in good shape. I was real surprised. Lots of traffic on the trails though, they should be very nice by friday afternoon if it doesn't rain today.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,104 Posts
KaiMana said:
2000 CC alum here.
I didn't know that. Did you know Jaenette Murphy? She graduated in 99.

KaiMana said:
Maybe we should just pick a day-time and try to ride everyweek or every other week.
Sounds good to me. Wednesday is probably the best day for me, but I can make pretty much any day if it works better for other people.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top