Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dohh!
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a rumor that Whiting ranch is going to open up in July...can anyone confirm or deny this information? Looking forword to it opening up again.

·
Team Hardcore Cornbread
525 Posts
That is good news. I wonder how long before Santiago TT is opened? I have not heard if the mud slides last month took out the Luge of not. I know they were good before the rains from some pictures I had seen.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
Phishin Paul said:
That is good news. I wonder how long before Santiago TT is opened? I have not heard if the mud slides last month took out the Luge of not. I know they were good before the rains from some pictures I had seen.
Santiago Truck Trail/Luge/Old Camp/Joplin are all still part of the fire closure. Closed since Nov. '07 for at least 12 months. So I would figure on Nov. of this year at the earliest.

·
MV Rider
36 Posts
mtnbikej said:
Santiago Truck Trail/Luge/Old Camp/Joplin are all still part of the fire closure. Closed since Nov. '07 for at least 12 months. So I would figure on Nov. of this year at the earliest.
There is scuttlebut that the Cleveland National Forest lands currently closed, e.g. STT and Luge, may open when Whitting Ranch opens. Reportedly, the National Forest Service is under a lot of pressure to open Cleveland up again.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
MV Rider said:
There is scuttlebut that the Cleveland National Forest lands currently closed, e.g. STT and Luge, may open when Whitting Ranch opens. Reportedly, the National Forest Service is under a lot of pressure to open Cleveland up again.
I understand that......however, until further notice it will remain closed. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I received an e-mail about two weeks ago from the OC Parks stating that Whiting would open in August, then a week ago they stated sometime in July. It will be opening soon!!! Once Whiting opens, the others will be opening shortly after.

·
Team Hardcore Cornbread
525 Posts
simmons182 said:
I received an e-mail about two weeks ago from the OC Parks stating that Whiting would open in August, then a week ago they stated sometime in July. It will be opening soon!!! Once Whiting opens, the others will be opening shortly after.[/QUOTE
simmons182 said:
]

Chad is ghey!

Today on the news the are reporting July 14 as the open date. Get those Mustard road legs warmed up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey, I heard PhishinPaul only has 3 inches..................of travel. Just kidding Paul.

Per the OC Parks website it opens at 9:00am on July 12th. If the kid hasn't arrived yet we should plan on riding. I am sure it will be a zoo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.