Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whiting is closed due to a mountain lion attack this morning. A hiker was petting mountain lion cubs. He did this AFTER noticing the mother nearby.:madman:
He just has a scratch on his arm. This guy is really lucky. REALLY, REALLY, LUCKY! I was through Whiting last night with my 12 year old son. I'm going to have to start riding real close to him I guess. I have noticed a lot of deer through Whiting so there is food for the cats.
 

·
No known cure
Joined
·
4,717 Posts
Teebird said:
Whiting is closed due to a mountain lion attack this morning. A hiker was petting mountain lion cubs. He did this AFTER noticing the mother nearby.:madman:
He just has a scratch on his arm. This guy is really lucky. REALLY, REALLY, LUCKY! I was through Whiting last night with my 12 year old son. I'm going to have to start riding real close to him I guess. I have noticed a lot of deer through Whiting so there is food for the cats.
Any lion that comes into contact with humans is usually destroyed. I'm betting within a week, the lion will be tracked and killed. I wonder what the Karmic penalty for that is? He should be kicked in the balls for a long time.:confused:
 

·
BM and PQ Trail Rep
Joined
·
1,929 Posts

·
Team Hardcore Cornbread
Joined
·
525 Posts
Vader said:
I'm betting within a week, the lion will be tracked and killed.
Currently fish and game are searching to try and capture and relocate. Hopefully they won't have to kill the cats and can relocate them somewhere safer; maybe San Juan trail because nobody ever rides that trail:D
 

·
BM and PQ Trail Rep
Joined
·
1,929 Posts
Phishin Paul said:


Currently fish and game are searching to try and capture and relocate. Hopefully they won't have to kill the cats and can relocate them somewhere safer; maybe San Juan trail because nobody ever rides that trail:D
Unfortunately the story in the times states that a preserve has been contacted and agreed to take in the cats IF they are captured alive.

Why does the cat have to be destroyed or face life in prison instead of the fool who instigated the whole thing. The lion did NOTHING WRONG. It was protecting its cubs. How about chop up the hiker and at least that way the mom and cubs will have food for their internment.

What an A$$ HAT! Look at the animals and appreciate the once in a lifetime event rather than end their lives with stupidity:nono:
 

·
No known cure
Joined
·
4,717 Posts
Phishin Paul said:


Currently fish and game are searching to try and capture and relocate. Hopefully they won't have to kill the cats and can relocate them somewhere safer; maybe San Juan trail because nobody ever rides that trail:D
The hiker should have to pay for the cost of tracking the lions, and for the their food, room and board, if they are captured alive. He should get years of community service working at the wildlife sanctuary too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
The drunken, doper hillbilly is likely lying

The news said his injuries are inconsistent with a mountain lion attack.

My guess is that someone has his DNA on their broken side door glass and radio opening.
 

·
Go Lakers!
Joined
·
233 Posts
Seems to be alot of false claims of mountain lion attacks lately. Another false story up north in the bay area. Do these people have a life or is it better to falsify a claim, inconvenience the other hikers and bikers just to get some freakin attention????

Sorry human beings

Leave the kitties alone....
 

·
Don't be a sheep
Joined
·
3,441 Posts
The guy is a total loony bin. I've encountered him a few times at the trail head and he's out there. This whole thiong was a hoax and he's going to get nailed for it.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top