Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
whiteface mountain will allow mountain biking again this year.

the e-mails and the online petition worked.they even mentioned how many names were on the petition and the hundreds of e-mails and phone calls they got.

we even discussed about orda helping out and marketing the downhill more.

our opening date is set.we open on saturday june 25th and will be open on weekends only this year.our last day of the season will be on sunday october 9th.

orda and high peaks cyclery will have events and such posted on our web sites this year.so be sure to check them out throughout the season.

we will have some kind of party/barbecue for our opening day festivities.

to all of you that wrote or called or even told a friend.
thank you again.because this was lost and now it's back.done deal.final.

downhill mike

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,988 Posts
How cool is that...Thank you for helping save a DH place....even if it is across the continent

·
Registered
567 Posts
Awesome!!! One more place to ride is secure! Thanks for all the hard work, hopefully I can make it out there some time!
Thanks again!!!
L8R
Buck

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
downhill mike said:

the e-mails and the online petition worked.they even mentioned how many names were on the petition and the hundreds of e-mails and phone calls they got.

our opening date is set.we open on saturday june 18th and will be open on weekends only this year.our last day of the season will be on sunday october 9th.

orda and high peaks cyclery will have events and such posted on our web sites this year.so be sure to check them out throughout the season.

downhill mike
excellent! that's great news....post up the mountain's website, we'll hit that till the server drops....

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
downhill mike said:

our opening date is set.we open on saturday june 18th and will be open on weekends only this year.our last day of the season will be on sunday october 9th.

downhill mike
Excellent news. Very glad to hear it.

You should provide details of your campaign so other groups with similar situations can hopefully follow in your success.

TJ

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
glad to hear it's staying open....I lied on the petition and said I would come ride there if they stay open....sorry....it's all the way across the country...and Whistler's just up the coast....but glad all you easterners have a spot to ride still... :D

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you can beat city hall

irieness said:
glad to hear it's staying open....I lied on the petition and said I would come ride there if they stay open....sorry....it's all the way across the country...and Whistler's just up the coast....but glad all you easterners have a spot to ride still... :D
sometimes there's nothing wrong with a little white lie.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Cool...

That's great news! I wonder what would happen if we tried to do the same thing for Big Bear?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what? no! what? no! what? no! what? no!

WWT said:
That's great news! I wonder what would happen if we tried to do the same thing for Big Bear?
the only way to find out is to not take no for an answer.

i was told by many everyday, that you can't make them change their minds.

this is a state run agency.i thought that would make the battle impossible.

i would do the same for big bear that worked for w'face.

get as much support as you can from the internet,the magazines,imba,the local paper,get the local businesses involved that will be directly affected by any loss of business.
and make sure you let everyone know exactly who to contact.and stay on top of all to make sure the pace doesn't slow down.

i actually sprained my ankle snowboarding last month wich gave me the time needed to stay on top of all events,including meeting several times with orda.

it sure would be nice if the re-opening at whiteface helps other places do the same,or stops another ski center from eliminating dh.

our numbers were down dramatically last year.so i'm hoping this s.o.s. campaign[save our sport] brings many more this year.
once that happens,thge riding is so good up here that people will talk.

one thing that did helpus s.o.s.is offering to take over all trail work.

so if you can help,i need to assemble as many volunteers for trail crew.
we open on 6-25.
i will be organizing a trail crew for the weekend of 5-28 & 5-29.

there will be discounted or free lift tickets for all who help.

so far it's just me and a couple of local riders.

i can be contacted at [email protected]

please sign up if that's an option for you.

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
Oh Yeah

:D COOL mad props to you and everyone involved :D

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
That's awesome! Nice to see that if we all band together for a cause we can accomplish things. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts