Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read comments that the trails got messed up bookoo after the MBAA event. Anyone seen the trails lately? What do they look like? Complaints - were they justified?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Dirdir said:
I read comments that the trails got messed up bookoo after the MBAA event. Anyone seen the trails lately? What do they look like? Complaints - were they justified?
I rode out there yesterday morning. :D

The complaints were justified and MBAA came in and cleaned up the mess. A few short stretches still have tire ruts but nothing worth complaining about, Mother Nature can repair the rest. What is nice is with all the rain the grasses and weeds have closed in the 5 feet wide sections down to real singletrack. The bad news is, with all the rain the grasses and weeds once dry will be a fire hazard. I saw McDowell Park after it burned, hope there is no repeat of that catastrophe, anywhere.

Rita

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree with AZ tortoise, they have done a fine job working on the trail. The same sections continue to be a problem each year. I often wonder why they do not do some preventative work to keep the racers from going wide in those specific areas.

·
It rains here. :(
1,314 Posts
Healing well.

Dirdir said:
I believe I started that thread, and yes MBAA came out and did a good job in fixing up the trail the best they could. I rode it about 2 days after they fixed it. Rocks and big branches were placed to steer riders away from damaged areas. This should help in returning the trail to double and singletrack where it should be. Raking was done to fix some of the ruts in a few areas.

Only one area was different to me, and that was on the backside after the switchbacks. This area is shown here on the White Tanks crash photos. The step down rocks shown in the pictures were completely removed. Needless to say this was a surprise to me. :rolleyes: But luckly no serious damage to me or bike. I've been getting good at crashing lately. :D

I doubt MBAA removed the rocks, probably someone who was mad they crashed and decided everyone should crash coming down the hill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.