Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12,536 Posts
nutballchamp said:
Cool, thanks. Sounds like the White Rim is easier if you pick the right day. The Rose to Toads ride gets really sandy at 9.5k elevation at about 50 miles. Still I haven't ever done 100 miles on dirt or road.
Haven't done the White Rim (yet) but the technical factor of Mt. Rose to Toads will really amp up the overall difficulty factor compared to WR eventhough it's fewer miles. Anything that is the least bit technical can really mess with you when you've already been riding for 7-8 hours. TRT and Toads are more than just a little techy.

Thanks for letting us revisit this great post.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Excellent write up! Thanks for sharing all of that, it was a very enjoyable read. ...excuse me while I check air fare...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just did it last week in a group of 6.. Had been on my list a long time and the opportunity came up. You never know you're going to finish this one, until you finish. There are always harder rides but this one is on the edge and you are immersed in monumental terrain. For me, the bucketlist ride of all time.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Nice....just did this for the first time a couple weeks ago. Awesome day and at the half way point you really are out there, no one to clean you up or bail you out if you bonk. It truly is an amazing ride.

·
Snap Crackle Pop
169 Posts
It's springtime and it has been 6 years, what a great ride this was. Clearly with 5000 views this one gets read quite a bit so I thought I'd note that the pictures have long since moved: White Rim - a set on Flickr

And there is another version of it over here:
White Rim in a day, Moab, UT

Cheers.
-c
Man, I read the story then clicked on the link to see the pics....NO PICS, WTF??!!??? I then looked at the original date and was like nooooooo!!!! :madman: Then I see this post and was :thumbsup: I'll have to check them out when I get home from work though, my 10 hours is done!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts