Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Stand back
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's looking less smoky around here, so maybe this will change soon, but as of 2:30pm today when I tried to hit up WR, they were using the lower parking lot for chopper staging, and the trails were closed.

Seeing as I'd ridden all that way (like 2.5 miles :) ) I decided to see the NTM closures for myself up close. They did add a bunch of signage, which is nice, although there aren't many trails left to ride, so not sure that many people will ever see them...

Attachments

·
not actually bad :)
1,768 Posts
What are the options for riding to the top at NTM these days?
The steep road, the not as steep road that starts at the north side and then heads up the west side, and the old road (now single-track-ish) that goes around the east and summits from over there?
Are those all still options?
A few pix of the trails up top woulda been nice - sheesh - what'ya thinkin'???

·
Stand back
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ahh, not sure which trail is which up there. I rode up the north side access (wide singletrack) through the Table Rock sub. Rode up the east side (steep and rocky) and across the top to the west (2 tracks are pretty much all that's left up there afaik), dropping back down the fireroad on the west until just before the water tank, and then around the singletrack on the west side, about as far south as I could go, dropping into Mesa Meadows. That last part was easiest the most technical and fun of the whole ride.

·
Stand back
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still? Glad I headed the other direction today and hit Chimney instead. Although my day would've been better w/o seeing the dbag who was shuttling up and skidding around the corners on the way down. I yelled at him, but guessing he was plugged in and didn't hear a word I said...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.