Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cross post from Wyoming board...http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=427897

So what can people tell me about White Pine Resort (WY) and the surrounding area? The only info I found on here was several years old. Some racer friends are trying to convince my wife and I to tag along next weekend when they have some racing going on there for the 4th. Super D and DH. They have secret hopes of getting # plates on our bikes, not likely though

Is the resort big enough that if the DH and super D courses are closed we will have other fun stuff to ride? Is there a good mix of flow and technical riding? Any man made stunts and reasonable jump trails? Is it totally blown out and cut too steep for the bed surface, or is it buff and tacky? Are there other shuttle rides in the area or even just some fun technical trail rides? The lack of info or pics makes me wary when there are other options which are known good places to go.

Is there decent camping? Anything else we should know?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
136 Posts
i helped build some of the trails there 2 years ago. its a fun place to ride. theres about 10 lift accessed trails. there arent many real freeride trails, its mostly natural terain. if you are a DHer its really fun. quite a few rocks and drops and the trails flow pretty well. id say check out the race if your not too far away

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know all about Go-ride and the races, not really my thing.

Thanks rideactionsport - good info. Does anyone have some recent pics from there? Everything I've found is from 2 years ago.

·
Canfield Bikes
1,156 Posts
Lift Serve Races ROCK

This will be the first race ever at White Pine. Ron has worked hard to make this a great race and White Pine really stepped it up. They will have breakfast, lunch and dinner in there fancy lodge (has a bar too) and there food is fantstic at a good price. The chef said he was tring to get sushi in for the race. There will be a barbeque on saturday night and the local brew pub will be there. There is a nice big lawn area to chill and watch the finish. There will be camping on site and there is a few options for lodging in Pinedale, 15 min drive. They have cabins but they're sold out.
There are 7 trails and all of them are really fun. It's a DH, natural terrain resort but there aren't many jumps or built things, a few though. Everyone that has ridden there has a blast, we try to ride there every weekend that we aren't out of town.

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
Whitepine is a fun place to ride. Lance turned me on to it last year, had a great time. The trails were flowy, great turns, a cute liftie chick up top. It was a good stop, we turned out about 12 laps, and the first 5 or so we had the mountain all to ourselves... Thanks Lance

·
Canfield Bikes
1,156 Posts
Playdeep said:
Lance
Where is White Pine and how is the riding in Jackson ? Is there DH in Jackson or is it "bring your 6" bike" terrain ?
White Pine is just outside of Pinedale WY, about 1.5 hrs south of Jackson and 4 hrs north/east of SLC.
Jackson has good DH, Lithium is the best DH but requires a 45-1 hr ride/push to the top. It still has snow on it up high but is getting close, I'm going to try it this week.
Jimmys Mom to the Hairy Palmer jumps to Parrallel is the newest and most freeride (stunts) trail. Fairly smooth and truely built the entire way. Both trails are fine for a 6" or full on DH rig. You'll just suffer a little on the climbs with a big bike but it's nice on some of the bigger hits to have a little extra cush. (multiple 30' + jumps)

·
Registered
769 Posts
wow, this post has made me even more stoked to go this weekend. I was gonna race but i can't pin it yet because of a broken hand and i was worried it was gonna be a long two days, but i'm excited to go.

·
mtnjam
688 Posts
just got back from the area last night...backpacking trip into the Wind Rivers

Stopped at White Pine before we went in and I gotta say I'm impressed. Did'nt ride but hiked around the mountain and talked to the super friendly guys in the bike shop about the trails and possibilites of shuttles, super informative...

So did you end up going up there phatfreeheeler?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.