Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
EDR
10,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I am off work for the next 5 days the wife and I (and kids) have decided to head up to Pinetop to visit my mom and get out of the heat. I will be bringing my bike.

I plan to ride Los Burros but I need a recommendation for a second ride. I've ridden Country Club, it's cool and I like it but I'd like something a little more challenging.

I've ridden Pioneer Pass or whatever it's called. It was rather techy at first with lots of rocks and then turned into a very nice forest ride. I might do that again unless someone can recommend something better...

Thanks,

Jamie

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
eatdrinkride said:
Since I am off work for the next 5 days the wife and I (and kids) have decided to head up to Pinetop to visit my mom and get out of the heat. I will be bringing my bike.

I plan to ride Los Burros but I need a recommedation for a second ride. I've ridden County Club, it's cool and I like it but I'd like something a little more challenging.

I've ridden Pioneer Pass or whatever it's called. It was rather techy at first with lots of rocks and then turned into a very nice forest ride. I might do that again unless someone can recommend something better...

Thanks,

Jamie
a nice route in town is Blue Ridge to Springs Trail to Country Club - seemed to have some of everything and accessible from the middle of town. Springs Trail was fun and techy in a creek bed.

Timber Mesa trail - fun techy climb, then I followed a series of connectors on a scant trail, then a steep down. Different but fun. I did this in the morning, Springs->Country Club in the afternoon.

Land of the Pioneers - fun, further out than Los Burros.

There are different ways to hook up all of the above. I've used this site - not sure how current it is or if there are better out there:
http://www.swlink.net/~hokans/AZWM_Trails.html

I have no beta on current trail conditions. There was a thread pretty recently about some trails around Sunrise Mtn area - I think PaulB posted some good info but might be misremembering.

PS: are we neighbors? I live down from the Walgreens at Hawes, off of Ravine St.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.