Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
white mesa mountain biking area in north central new mexico is growing. classic high running desert singletrack and some technical sections appeal to all mountain riders, and a freeride area is in the works. ride saturday was good with 7 or 8 of us hitting the trail. the trail riders hammered out the singletrack, and the freeriders hucked a couple in the under-development freeride area. check the pics. more photogs at my site, http://langephotography.com
thanks to bryan and the rest of the guys for showing me the proposed freeride zone...
be stoked, kevin lange

Attachments

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Great pics, they bring back memories from when I had to map that area a few summers ago for my geology field camp class. The whole time I was there I was thinking about how fun it'd be to ride (not to mention how much more ground could be covered...can't stand the slow pace of hiking:madman: )

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
glad you like... every time i go there, i gather a bit more appreciation for the uniqueness of the land. as a mountain biker, you enjoy the pure aesthetics of gravity and land... as a geologist, i imagine words such as "anticline", "Jurassic", and "gypsum" come to mind. i need to know more about the land other than my dumbfounded expression of "beautiful..."

hope you get back for some riding! keep me posted if you ever get psyched...

all the best

kevin

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
Distillery Hill

You left out the Mtn. Biker123 hucking goodies that you also took:

Followed by the ensuing carnage:

I'm tempted to get a DSLR for the photo ops like this, but I'd lose room in my pack for beer.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
lange photography said:
a couple more photogs...
Nice shots, Kevin. I'm looking forward to working with you and your clan at WM. With the momentum that it's attracted so far, we should have not problem making it an even funner "DESTINATION".

To notaknob:

You couldn't resist, could you?:madman:

Glad your back on the bike, Bud! I missed ya:thumbsup:

White Mesa January 2010 from Notaknob on Vimeo.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
fiveo said:
Where is White Mesa exactly. Is there more than a days worth of riding?
Well, Yes and No.

There is another less know system across the street..Red Mesa. It's still a bit primitive, but there is some stunning formations/views over there. The riding tends to be more technical and accomodates the more adventurous type. Definitely not as "flowy" as WM

Here's a search page:

http://forums.mtbr.com/search.php?searchid=8907841&pp=25&page=3

Depending on what kind of riding you do, we hope within a year to be well into constructing a "Bike Park" at White Mesa. We have submitted a proposal for the features/and "land" that we would like to incorporate. If we are successful there should be plenty of "freeride" to provide at least another day of recreation.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
white mesa location

fiveo said:
Where is White Mesa exactly. Is there more than a days worth of riding?
white mesa is about 45 miles from the big I in albuquerque. head out to bernalillo, take 550 towards san ysidro, and there is a signed turnoff to the trails just south of san ysidro. you drive in about 4.5 miles to the trail head on the right. hope you get there soon!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.