1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Victim of Saddle Rage
620 Posts
Way too low. I can hear his articular cartilage tearing

·
Registered
104 Posts
the rear wheel perspective is really very cool, only wish there was a rider right behind...that would be really interesting to see

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Low seats rail (think lower center of gravity or lower bottom brackets). I raise my saddle for long climbs, but none of the climbs at White Mesa really justifies riaising the seat. When I'm at White Mesa, I leave my seat half way between fully raised/lowered. I've become pretty accustomed to riding some pretty far distances with my seat lowered. It's like riding platform pedals, pretty soon you see that you can ride anything that you can with a raised seat or clipless pedals.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
delnorte said:
Low seats rail (think lower center of gravity or lower bottom brackets). I raise my saddle for long climbs, but none of the climbs at White Mesa really justifies riaising the seat. When I'm at White Mesa, I leave my seat half way between fully raised/lowered. I've become pretty accustomed to riding some pretty far distances with my seat lowered. It's like riding platform pedals, pretty soon you see that you can ride anything that you can with a raised seat or clipless pedals.
+1

Most of my rides start in the long legged postion and nearly all end with the seat in the Halfway position. Once you train your muscles then get a good warm up it's, nice to not have to fiddle with it and is really only a minor discomfort compared to fiddling with seat height. If someone made a dependable adj post (doesn't develop play, silent, and low failure rate) at a decent price, I'd consider it. However, I have gotten so used to riding with the seat in the "halfway" position that it would have to really impress me. Ride how ya wanna ride. He looks to be having a blast...wish I were there right now!

I replied to the FOO generated link and I'll say it again...Great Vid!:thumbsup:

·
snickers driven
259 Posts
Dude!

Gottta give you some serious props on that! Captured WM quite well, felt like I was on that ride w/ yuse. Nice choice in soundtrack to boot- have it on my ipod right now. Is that the standard def gopro? Some of the footage looking into the sun turned out better than I've been getting...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys..

The chest mount cracks me up, makes my arms look like rubber.. The seat post mount is looks real cool but suck when you have to turn it off and on - so I don't use it there that often. My GoPro is the 5M 170 deg unit. It looks better before I have to shrink it to a decent size. I would like to get the HD but this one is still working.. It would be cool to have one in the front and the back running at the same time. Then do a split screen on the video.

·
Bandolero
1,566 Posts
Nice vid

Rich...I like the ending with the view of the back wheel:thumbsup:
RCC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts