Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bad Andy
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday afternoon the kids and I headed out for a ride. By the time we headed out, we didn't know for sure where we were going. Started towards Matthews/Winters, but it looked like it was going to start pouring soon, so started heading west. Looking to the sky, it appeared something would be clear enough if I kept my options open, and kept driving. After passing by and/or mentally scratching off a few options due to the threatening clouds, we settled on trying out Flying J Ranch. Never been there, and from what I'd heard sounded good for the younguns.
On the way, we saw a white deer. The picture isn't too great - it was about 100 yards away, and raining at the time, but you get the idea. Never seen one before, pretty cool. This was on HW73 between the turnoff to 3 Sisters and Flying J.
Flying J was a very pleasant surprise. Very fun and scenic trail. I believe the loop was only 3.something miles, with a couple short out and backs off the loop. We took the loop counter clockwise, and were started on our second lap (clockwise) when we started to get wet, and it was looking to get a lot worse, so we turned back. Anyway, easy and short, but I will definitely be back with the family, and newbies from time to time, and maybe even for laps with friends.
Cool place.
Thanks for visiting, have a nice day!

Attachments

·
The Notorious S.L.O
1,106 Posts
Flying J is a great little trail.

it is only about 5min from my house, sometimes I will just hit it up for a quick lunch ride.

It is very popular and can get a bit crowded with hikers/walkers and dogs on evenings and weekends, I think the rain was in your favor yesterday.

·
Bad Andy
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beautiful area you live in there. I don't get out to that part of HW 73 often, but it sure is pretty.
There weren't many at Flying J yesterday when we were there - one group of 2 having a picnic in the pavilion, a group of 3 riders, and a solo rider, and a ranger. Like you said, the weather helped me out I guess. I was hoping it was like that (less crowded) all the time!

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen an albino deer before, very cool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.