Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can't picture it in my head, but i'd like to build up the following frame with white components:

i was thinking white rims, fork, cables and seat. do you guys think it would look ok? would a white fork look out of place?

if anyone has any other suggestions, i'd take them into consideration. maybe brown?

·
AKA Dr.Nob
887 Posts
It would would look like Micheal Jackson and Kermit the Frog had a love child.

White components are going out of style.

Fluro orange will make a comeback.

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how long before black goes out of style?

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
careful

Start with a white rear shock!!
Seriously-I wouldn't go beyond white wheels, maybe a white fork. Otherwise it will look like a Walmart special. Too coordinated.

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i bought a set of white mavic crosslinks

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not going hydraulic

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'm thinking now that a white fork might be too much white

·
Registered
682 Posts
brown would be a sweet accent color.

check out the specialized site for 08, they have some good looking brown lockon grips.

·
2,657 Posts
since when do mountain bikers care what color their bikes are? its a bike, not a suit. my bike is puke yellow....i dont give a sh!t

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
works for you. i prefer not to have 73 different colours.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Do what makes you happy...

saturnine said:
i can't picture it in my head, but i'd like to build up the following frame with white components:

i was thinking white rims, fork, cables and seat. do you guys think it would look ok? would a white fork look out of place?

if anyone has any other suggestions, i'd take them into consideration. maybe brown?
Its your bike, you have to like it, you have to ride it. Whats "in style" or "out of style" is for sheep, not men or women.

·
Registered
453 Posts
saturnine said:
how long before black goes out of style?
hopefully never. flat black looks good on any bike component. plus you don't have to keep it shiny!
and softtailteamrider, that nomad looks awesome. I can see why bombardier on singletracks loves his. if only I had the money to get one to build up...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts