Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I will be at a family reunion this weekend and I am trying to ride white clay on saturday morning. I have 2 questions for those in the know.

1. The park says 8am is opening but I'm trying to start earlier due to time constraints. Any issues with riding at 6 or 7 am?

2. What's the ideal parking lot to get to the goods the fastest?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Park at Paper Mill Park at the corner of Paper Mill and Polly Drummond Rds then ride the connector trail to the Middle Run trails then over to the White Clay trails.
Yep...b/c it's free. You can also park at the lot at Henry's Bike Shop, ride about 1/4mi up the road and enter there.

I was unaware of an 8am opening....and I live appx 1/2mi away. In fact, I generally go as soon as light allows. I'd say that it's 6..maybe 6:15 right now. If you wait until 8, you'll have about an hour before it's overrun with hikers, bird watchers, and other bikers. If you're riding that early, you might even see me; I'll be on a Beargrease.

Also, be aware that it might rain the next three days. By Sat. morning, it might be a bit mushy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.