Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this fork second hand so I don't know that much about it. I talked to the folks at the factory before the holidays and I set up the air pressure at 175 based on their recommendations. I was getting way too much sag before. Now the fork is knocking at the top and *maybe* topping out. It's been cold (high 20s to mid 30s) and I've been riding harder now that the fork isn't wallowing on me. Is there another adjustment I should make now? The sound and feel I'm getting is like having a loose front skewer. Not that I have ever ridden a bike without first checking my front skewer.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Wow 175 eh. I run 55. But anyhoo, on the bottom of the right leg you'll find the rebound damper. A few turns of this should slow down the rebound from that much pressure and stop the top out problem.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I though 175 was high too!

None said:
Wow 175 eh. I run 55. But anyhoo, on the bottom of the right leg you'll find the rebound damper. A few turns of this should slow down the rebound from that much pressure and stop the top out problem.
When I ran it at 60--where they suggest you start on the factory PDF-- it sagged all the way down so that I only had about 1 inch of travel left. At the factory they did not seem at all surprised by the pressure numbers. They said the max was 250 lbs, so . . .

Anyway, maybe I should go back to 100 of so? Even at 200 I can still compress the fork without too much trouble.

Now, as I recall, you have the Lynskey Ridgeline? I'm on the same bike.

·
Registered
7,440 Posts
Maybe you have exceeded its 20 hour service life.

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
Reduce the Compression Psi

My Fluid 110 only had 5 psi of compression range. But when i reduced the compression psi from i think 5 to around 3 psi it removed the top out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts