Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Will be recieving a slightly used 07 White Brothers Magic 80 29r fork soon to place on my 07 Jamis Exile SS 29r. Just wanted to see what your all thoughts are on this fork. I know its somewhat new with the IMV technology but hopefully it'll turn out to be a great fork. I was also going to see what your thoughts are on the manufactures suggestion for changing the fork oil. They say to change it around every 20 hours of riding. Well for me that would be once every two weeks. I've heard it's bs but who knows, might be some truth to it. Also, how hard is it to change the oil yourself with the lbs? We figured it would just be as easy to send it to White Brothers, I just dont want to have to wait. Thanks

Attachments

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
g-wiz said:
Will be recieving a slightly used 07 White Brothers Magic 80 29r fork soon to place on my 07 Jamis Exile SS 29r. Just wanted to see what your all thoughts are on this fork. I know its somewhat new with the IMV technology but hopefully it'll turn out to be a great fork. I was also going to see what your thoughts are on the manufactures suggestion for changing the fork oil. They say to change it around every 20 hours of riding. Well for me that would be once every two weeks. I've heard it's bs but who knows, might be some truth to it. Also, how hard is it to change the oil yourself with the lbs? We figured it would just be as easy to send it to White Brothers, I just dont want to have to wait. Thanks
Oil change intervals are accurate. And when it needs it, it needs it.
Never tried changing it myself.

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
g-wiz said:
So you say when it needs it it needs it. I assume you can tell by performance? Also you sound like you've got one, how long does it take for White Brothers to change the oil when you send it off? And if you know how much does it usually cost?
I've owned six of them over the past 3 years or so.

WB is usually pretty quick for the oil change. I've rec'd one back as soon as 4 days.

$40 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I thought the changing of oil every 20 hrs seemed a little unreasonable, too. I've had my IMV since last March and have yet to have it serviced. It's working just fine, but I don't live in an area where its constantly dusty or muddy. That being said, I've always tried to have my forks serviced once a year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.