Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy some Leatt DBX pants

Does anyone riding pants with white bottom/parts? Is it ok or not so good idea for bikeparks mainly? I am okey with dirt but I just don't want to wash them all the time.

Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am kind of worried also.. even though leatt says these pants are dirt resistant.

Maybe I will wait for the black version.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I got the white ones because they were all that was in stock in my size and the price was right. I would’ve preferred black. I’ve ridden through a fair amount of snowmelt induced slop and it seems to come right off with no residue or stains left behind. That said, I’m sure this quality will degrade a bit, but I’m really not worried about having riding pants with stained bottoms. Overall, very happy with the pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem is I am not able to see them until they come by delivery. I don't know how much white they actually are. These are in stock. The black one are not - as almost every riding pants. Dirt is one thing but I don't want to shine on trail as well.. Damn!

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,205 Posts
Is this for a photo shoot or something? Who are you trying to impress? They look like quality riding pants. Might save some skin in a fall.
👽

·
Registered
739 Posts
Problem is I am not able to see them until they come by delivery. I don't know how much white they actually are. These are in stock. The black one are not - as almost every riding pants. Dirt is one thing but I don't want to shine on trail as well.. Damn!
They’re sort of a super light gray off white, almost notebook paper like. I’m only 4 rides in with mine, but I love em so far. I like em so much, in fact, that I’ve chosen them over my subdued navy blue Specialized Demo pants all 4 of those times (the fit and finish on the Leatt pants is markedly better).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Woko_O

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is this for a photo shoot or something? Who are you trying to impress? They look like quality riding pants. Might save some skin in a fall.
👽
That's the point. I don't want to impress anybody that's why I want inconspicuous colour combo.. And also I don't want to clean them all the time after bikepark session. No doubt these are quality pants and I hope they will save some skin. This is the reason I want to buy them.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I want to buy some Leatt DBX pants

Does anyone riding pants with white bottom/parts? Is it ok or not so good idea for bikeparks mainly?
I don't think the bike park cares what color your pants are...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I know, but the colours care.. Mud or dirt. I am asking about experience how much they can get dirty.

Not be so visible in BP is just my own preference. I understand nobody cares..

·
9 lives
15,639 Posts
The white material will not stay white for long. The minerals in the soil will leave permanent stains .. This is especially the case with dh trails which are always dusty and muddy.

Last summer I purchased a pair of white Nike running shoes and some special abrasive cleaning pads... no matter how diligent I was to wipe down the shoes after every run, the dirt stubbornly became more embedded. After putting in 900km my runners had a greyish brown patina

Those are nice good quality dh pants. The guys I'd see at dh parks didn't obsess over keeping stain free, Any light colour does not last. If you don't fret about keeping the trying to keep the original color ...then go for it!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey
Finally I found dealer in my country who is able to (in 14 days) order and deliver these pants. I usually wear size W32 L30 jeans. I am a hobbit (170cm) and real inseam measurement (of my pants and my inside leg) is like 70cm. That is not even in Leatt size chart. Let's say I'll use the sizing from my jeans which means inseam 76cm. My real waist is like 85cm. So basicall according their size chart I have:
Waist - size L, Inseam - size XS, Height - Size S
So yeah. I have ordered number 32 because I wear number 32 most often.

What is their fit? Should have I gone more for S?
Thanks

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
11,482 Posts
I can't speak to sizing but I'll speak to the fashion aspect. Patina is cool. Get those things filthy -- the dirtier they get, the better they'll look. Paint the house in them. Why not actually look like a mountain biker that rides their bike and cares more about protection & performance than fashion. That said, I think they look pretty darn fashionable. Hope they fit you -- bet you'll love them. (y)
=sParty

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I don't think it would look awsome after that. We don't have it in Europe, so it does not bother me. But I will probably cancel the order because I am not 100% sure and I am not able to try them and return them cause I am in foreing country due to corona..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts