Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get it? Why white components? Grips get dirty, I saw white tires on a Scott bike (in an ad), Handlebars, saddles, cables, stems, rims, etc., etc. Soft products turn brown, bikes get dusty and muddy? White parts cost a bit more? Why? Whats the fascination?

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
I like white as an accent color, or as a frame color (though mostly for road bikes). I could like white cable housings, but it should be against a similarly colored frame, not a complete contrast. Black frames with white housings, for example, don't work for me.

·
Five is right out
3,176 Posts
People want to be different, I guess. And they don't worry so much about what the bike's going to look like in 12 months time.

Anodised black for me- hardwearing, non-faddish.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've ridden a white bike and find that it does just fine. I get it dirty just like any other MTB and it cleans up just like any other MTB. Although, this just had a white frame and no other bells and whistles on it. White bartape can look cool but never works out for very long.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Because Apple did it and everyone wants a piece of the Apple pie. This is also why every new tech product is an "i" something. I am surprised someone doesn't have an iBike yet.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
My bike is white/black. I just put a white Stem on my Girlfriends bike. I kind of like the color, and stuff painted white doesnt stay dirty. Even white grips can be cleaned.

·
the test dummy
3,487 Posts
I got white grips because they were the only ones With a grip pattern I liked. And when I went to get a bash gard my two chooses were white or clear so I got white because it looked good with the gray frame.

·
Jonesin'
293 Posts
Appliance white

White is an excellent color for bikes and components, provided you want your bike to look more like a washing machine or toaster.

·
Disgruntled Peccary
4,020 Posts
ForrestJones said:
White is an excellent color for bikes and components, provided you want your bike to look more like a washing machine or toaster.
My toasters black

·
the test dummy
3,487 Posts
ForrestJones said:
I'll post a pic of it when I get it back from the shop it looks pretty good p.s. My toaster is Crome :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.