Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
got back Sun. night, was the best week-end Ive ever had. The place is amazing, Dirt merchant and A-line was the best riding ive ever done, and the people we met were all super cool. Anyway, I cant seem to get the photo thing to work so that sucks, they wernt that good anyway, But out of all the riders, my buddy was the only one that rides without a shirt or any armor, just a helmet and gloves. and he goes BIG. We are going to try and go again is Sept.........sorry no pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
I rode Whistler last October. Like you said, amazing. So how was the garbanzo run? Schlayer was pretty nice. And that big drop at the end :cool: - "GLC" I think it was called...or something or another. I didn't get to hit Clown Shoes though :mad:

Your friend is nuts :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
yeah i didnt get to hit clownshoes either, it was too wet the whole week. Schleyer rocks.
The glc's are pretty small...but still super fun.
i liked dirtmirchant better then aline, the step ups/step downs are just a blast
 

·
USB Rep'n
Joined
·
2,413 Posts
Sam Alter said:
yeah i didnt get to hit clownshoes either, it was too wet the whole week. Schleyer rocks.
The glc's are pretty small...but still super fun.
i liked dirtmirchant better then aline, the step ups/step downs are just a blast
I couldn't agree more, Dirt Merchant rules! I just got back a week ago and can't stop thinking about how amazing it was there. Schleyer is killer as was Garbanzo. The only trail there that pretty much did me in was Crack Addict. the drops in there were just a little too tight for my liking.

Not that you guys care but here's a link to some of my photos from Whistler. I have some really great ones of Schleyer and DM that haven't bene uploaded yet so check back if you are interested.

Here some Whizzler for ya!:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mtbmon1/album?.tok=phVp1mBB6vlGTAnM&.dir=/35c6&.src=ph
 

·
USB Rep'n
Joined
·
2,413 Posts
btw, Im the guy in the yellow helmet in the xc bikes and the gray/black Troy Lee jersey with tan shorts in the park pics.

Having been an xc guy up until this past winter, this was my first go at riding anything big with nice trannies and it felt amazingly better than all the drops to flat I'd been doing and I liked riding dirt much better than skatepark as well. Totally different riding, I know but I can't wait to get back there and ride some more!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
962 Posts
how much....

Hey, this might sound like a dumb question, but about how much did it cost for 1 person to get up there? In other words, did you fly? from where? did you rent bikes? were they in good shape? how much is rental? would it be worth it to go it there alone? hows the beginner stuff there? I know thats a stupid question, but I think if i stay there for a week, it might be just what I need to get honed.
 

·
USB Rep'n
Joined
·
2,413 Posts
Gramatica said:
Hey, this might sound like a dumb question, but about how much did it cost for 1 person to get up there? In other words, did you fly? from where? did you rent bikes? were they in good shape? how much is rental? would it be worth it to go it there alone? hows the beginner stuff there? I know thats a stupid question, but I think if i stay there for a week, it might be just what I need to get honed.
not stupid at all. I came out there from Ohio and shipped a bike. I also rented one (7 and 7) while there. We stayed right in the Village in a great 3 bedroom condo and ate out every meal. There was also a car rental involved. I am not sure on the final #'s, but for the 4 days I think it ran roughly $1000-1200/person. We wound up getting bikes right at the park base but there really is very little difference in pricing amongst the shops located in the Village. I happened to like the Kona's and they were spec'd really well (except for the Jr. T which did tend to spike a bit). I think a full day rental incl extended play was about $100 US. If you don't go to the base for rental, see Kevin at Fantic Co. and tell him the Ohio guys sent you, he;''ll take good care of you.

As for going alone, I say sure but I would recommend riding with someone. Its not only safer but itll push you to try bigger stuff too. There's plenty there for all levels of riders and even most of the black diamonds can be ridden if you stay within your limits. The double blacks might be a little sketchy but even those can be negotiated at slow speed if you had to.

Email me if you have other questions and Ill be happy to help where I can. Good luck and book the trip! You will not regret it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
namaSSte said:
I couldn't agree more, Dirt Merchant rules! I just got back a week ago and can't stop thinking about how amazing it was there. Schleyer is killer as was Garbanzo. The only trail there that pretty much did me in was Crack Addict. the drops in there were just a little too tight for my liking.

Not that you guys care but here's a link to some of my photos from Whistler. I have some really great ones of Schleyer and DM that haven't bene uploaded yet so check back if you are interested.

Here some Whizzler for ya!:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mtbmon1/album?.tok=phVp1mBB6vlGTAnM&.dir=/35c6&.src=ph
Ah, memories! Thanks for the pics. I almost forgot about crack addict. That was some technical, scary stuff. I didn't make that log ride with the mesh on top. I'll definitely make it back!
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top