Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well arrived at Whistler at 7.30 Saturday evening......What a drive from Vancouver airport, loads of construction for the 2010 Winter Olympics....

So got to see arounf 15 final runs of Crankworx, was awesom, loads of riders fell in there last runs. The course was sick, especially seeign it today from the chairlift, focken huge jumps...

So met up with loads of the peeps off of mtbr, FM, EBX, Mintsauce, RDH, Armond, Jubliee etc, a cool bunch of guys, not a dud amongst them.... Had a catchuo and dinner last night, met up at 10AM this morning to go ride. This kiwi has only been waiting 15 years to ride here.

The place rocks, there is an awesome vibe here, bikes everywhere, was a total fun day, did more just sussing out trials etc. Did A line, B line, Karate Monkey, Devils Club, Freight Train, No Joke, Original Sin etc. Fantastic trails, loads of tech stuff, had a blast. Had one good off, thank you armour again, you saved the day....

Was cool to ride with these guys who know the trails, I did stuff that am sure I wouldnt have done on my own....

So looking forward to the week. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The peeps whom ride here all the time, you guys have it sussed. What as place to have on your doorstep.:thumbsup:

Just a few shots.

#1 - Final jump of the slopestyle
#2 - FM and Zane on the lift
#3 - EBX chilling

Attachments

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Gawd that jumbotron drop is mad sick. You gotta be terminator strong just to lift the mondo nads you'd need onto the bike .

Seriously though W, it mu st have been awesome to see it all in person...and to ride *some* of it! ;) :D
Very cool you hooked up with some of the board boyz.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bikezilla said:
Gawd that jumbotron drop is mad sick. You gotta be terminator strong just to lift the mondo nads you'd need onto the bike .

Seriously though W, it mu st have been awesome to see it all in person...and to ride *some* of it! ;) :D
And some bro, that shot gives quite good perspective, it is focken high... Need to be packing some nads alright...........

I just think, sheesh imagine if we had these bikes and technology when we were 18, these young dudes just shread it mean....

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Whafe said:
I just think, sheesh imagine if we had these bikes and technology when we were 18, these young dudes just shread it mean....
Brah, I'm quite sure if I had this isht when I was 18, I wouldn't have made it past 30.:thumbsup: :D

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bikezilla said:
Brah, I'm quite sure if I had this isht when I was 18, I wouldn't have made it past 30.:thumbsup: :D
Too true. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Not sure of anything happening dh_rider, but am sure something will be going down. Seems to be always something happening though. I am a virgin to this place, but am loving it thus far...

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MBX5 said:
I get into Van on Tue. The pics just make me want to get up to BC even quicker!
Dont drive to Whistler from Vancouver during traffic peaks. The drive is real slow with all the construction on the highway....

·
Three Wheeler Expert
342 Posts
I just got back this week. The conditions were insane after the rain. I hit frieght train so many times. It was awesome. Goat's gully sucks in the mud! It was super busy during crankworls. the sourse was too techincal this year but boyko pulled a sick 360 of the giro box and big drop. it was a fun week

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Err said:
Hey Whafe, M and I are headed back up to Whistler tomorrow (Monday). Killer day at the Woodlot today... We need to hookup.
Err and Whafe.....

FM is camping in his van so he's got no internet, but he wanted me to let you guys know he'll be at the base tomorrow at 10 AM. I'll try to take a lunch run and get out there no later than 3.

FM and Zane are talking about doing an xc ride after work (Zane's working), so that might go down, but who knows.

Whafe, great riding with you bro. FM and I rode 'til about 7'ish. PM me your phone number so I can text you tomorrow. I'll put up pics tomorrow (my camera is in the car).

Cheers,
EB

1 - 20 of 71 Posts