Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have been are they similar or is Whistler much better? I've gone to Northstar about 5 times total and am able to ride all the double black diamond trails (tech stuff on Karp not fun though), most of the new stunts, and was wondering if Whislter is gonna be fun at my level. (I'd say intermediate) I'm getting ready to reserve a hotel and a three day lift pass at Whistler and want to make sure it's gonna be something I'm gonna be able to have fun at?

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
konarider said:
For those of you who have been are they similar or is Whistler much better? I've gone to Northstar about 5 times total and am able to ride all the double black diamond trails (tech stuff on Karp not fun though), most of the new stunts, and was wondering if Whislter is gonna be fun at my level. (I'd say intermediate) I'm getting ready to reserve a hotel and a three day lift pass at Whistler and want to make sure it's gonna be something I'm gonna be able to have fun at?
from what i hear whistler has stuff for people of all levels. dude do it. you'll have a blast for sure. i should be up there in august and i cant wait. northstar is fun, but whistler is supposed to be 10x better

·
bored
168 Posts
I've never ridden N*, but I've been to Whistler a few times, and it rules. None of the trails are impossibly hard, but I'm probably about your same ability, and there's one or two that I can't ride. They also have different types of trails, i.e. jump & berm, naturally technical, Shore-style, etc.

·
Registered
827 Posts
konarider said:
3 days?! do a week bro!

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
Rode both many times...Whistler makes you soft. ;) A friend of mine from Tahoe and I were in Whistler all last week - He rode N* all day Sat and was more beat from that day of riding than the entire week at Whistler. It's just much more rougher at N* in my opinion.

I like both...wish I could ride one weekend at N* then one at Whistler one at N* etc...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Acadian said:
Rode both many times...Whistler makes you soft. ;) A friend of mine from Tahoe and I were in Whistler all last week - He rode N* all day Sat and was more beat from that day of riding than the entire week at Whistler. It's just much more rougher at N* in my opinion.

I like both...wish I could ride one weekend at N* then one at Whistler one at N* etc...
Well that's good to hear. This last week me and my buddy rode N* and I felt great at the end of the day. Worn out but good. So Whistler should be a blast then. Cool

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
konarider said:
So Whistler should be a blast then. Cool
Hell ya...it's just totally different. Whistler has some easy, flowy trails like Dirt Merchant and A-Line - but there are also some techy ones like National DH, Clown Shoes and Joy Ride.

The terrain is different..N* is a deep bowl of dust and rocks as where Whistler offers better traction but can be slippery when wet (ie. bridges and rocks - especially when you're used to dry weather)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts