Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some friends of mine are heading to whistler for their honeymoon! anyhow they're cross country bunnies are at heart and are wondering how much xc stuff there is that'll suit their 4 inch travel bikes. yes they are planning on hiring big rigs for some fun but their primary is mileage!
to be honest i think they're mad and should leave their little rigs home and go and play but it would end in tears!
advice/routes would be great
ta.
nick
 

·
bike rider
Joined
·
5,569 Posts
There's plenty of great XC trails in the area, not on the resort. They'll have no problem finding trails/maps once they get there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,470 Posts
It's often been said that "whistler XC" is often really earn-your-vert freeride or "cross-stuntry". However it is really really good....if they have 4" bikes I would steer them towards these trails (these are less technical than my personal faves, which are better on 5" FS or burly hardtails)
Anything in Emerald Forest
Riverside trails / trainwreck
Comfortably Numb
Kill me thrill me (kill me thrill me + young lust is a nice loop)

Pemberton is not that far away and has great XC- new trail called NIMBY is incredible!
 

·
ride your bike
Joined
·
9,447 Posts
Nice!

I'm considering one Whistler trip this year, xc only. I know...blasphemy! Well, either that or Bend, OR.

I agree with FM's recommendos.

You guys will have a blast! :thumbsup:
 

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
Joined
·
4,417 Posts
I'd love to have done more XC in Whistler, but when I head there it's for the DH. Riding Comfortably Numb last week on my Highline was definitely a challenge.
 

·
ride your bike
Joined
·
9,447 Posts
6thElement said:
I'd love to have done more XC in Whistler, but when I head there it's for the DH. Riding Comfortably Numb last week on my Highline was definitely a challenge.
Whoa. Gnarly. :shocked:
 

·
Just roll it......
Joined
·
7,621 Posts
jubilee said:
Cool, thanks.

My HL is set up with a 888, 8.75 shock, DH tubes, and burly wheels. That ride sounds like torture on my bike! :D
FM, myself, Kevmo and Zane rode this the first season when Chris Markle connected Foreplay (the last descent down to Lost Lake) and North Secret Trail (which now is the first section called Young Lust). Most of the trail was still super soft and loamy...which sounds awesome, in theory, but it was super slow going.

Kev and I were both on our Stinky's and got f'ing destroyed. There was a point about 3/4 of the way in when Kev crawled up on a mossy rock in fetal position and took a nap. :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,470 Posts
ebxtreme said:
Kev and I were both on our Stinky's and got f'ing destroyed. There was a point about 3/4 of the way in when Kev crawled up on a mossy rock in fetal position and took a nap. :D :D
Yeah, I was on my '02 RFX with a Z150... definitely not a light rig either.
Good times, those :D

I'll take 3 laps of the westside over Uncomfortable bum anyday.... :thumbsup:
 

·
ride your bike
Joined
·
9,447 Posts
ebxtreme said:
FM, myself, Kevmo and Zane rode this the first season when Chris Markle connected Foreplay (the last descent down to Lost Lake) and North Secret Trail (which now is the first section called Young Lust). Most of the trail was still super soft and loamy...which sounds awesome, in theory, but it was super slow going.

Kev and I were both on our Stinky's and got f'ing destroyed. There was a point about 3/4 of the way in when Kev crawled up on a mossy rock in fetal position and took a nap. :D :D
You guys are mental.

That KMTM out and back last spring was enough to make me giddy.

Word to the wise: Never listen to EB when he says "Oh, I think the trail head is just 2 miles on the road". :p
 

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
Joined
·
4,417 Posts
I enjoyed the ride doing CN on my Highline, I'd love to hit it on a more suitable bike though :D
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top