Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about going up to Whistler over labor day weekend and want to keep it super cheap. Is there a place I can just park my Honda Element and sleep in it without beig bothered? Somewhere that is kinda close to the bike park? Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just park in one of the back lots along the tree line. It's not legal but somewhat tolerated. Just don't be too obvious about it and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
225 Posts
rfoes1 said:
I was thinking about going up to Whistler over labor day weekend and want to keep it super cheap. Is there a place I can just park my Honda Element and sleep in it without beig bothered? Somewhere that is kinda close to the bike park? Thanks for the suggestions.
i think there is atleast one hostel up there, which is probably around $20 a night, and you get basic amenities. Or you could find a parking lot, and then sneak into the fancy hotel pools and use their pool bathrooms.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
LarryFahn said:
Is there any LEGAL camping? Ya know, Campgrounds.
F*ck campgrounds man...pull up a nice chunk of shoulder, park your car and hike your ass up a mountian, and pitch a tent...no cop is goin to hike up a mountain to give you a ticket and he wont know its your car...although you might want to hide your car in a visitors info center or highway rest stop

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
LarryFahn said:
Is there access to water at this site you speak of? Showers, nightlife, other people? Just curious.
if it rains, plenty of crisp clear mountain spring water (aquafina)

if it rains, crisp cool refreshing showers

nightlife, as compared to another campground...yes there is a lack of fat old people drinking beers and farting

other people, if you bring some

:p :p

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'll probably get flamed for this post after "park on the shoulder" ideas . . . last summer I spent a week up in Whister for a hockey tournament with my kid. We camped at Riverside RV/campground and had great accommodations. Make sure you get an RV site, otherwise you won't have your car with you. The tent sites are walk in only.

The place was pretty quiet and tons of people with bikes and guided trail groups were in there every night. Nice hot showers and it was very clean. Only bummer was our site did not have a fire pit, but most of them did. All sites had water and electricity, I think there was even cable (I don't get that). The main building had a great breakfast restaurant that served up some quality meals. The owners were the cooks and they were totally grumpy, but it made me laugh. Still got a great meal from them.

The base of Whistler was only a two minute drive, but easily could have been ridden to. On a side note, we saw tons of people sleeping in their rigs at the parking lots.

Here is the link www.whistlercamping.com

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
tch said:
I'll probably get flamed for this post after "park on the shoulder" ideas . . . last summer I spent a week up in Whister for a hockey tournament with my kid. We camped at Riverside RV/campground and had great accommodations. Make sure you get an RV site, otherwise you won't have your car with you. The tent sites are walk in only.

The place was pretty quiet and tons of people with bikes and guided trail groups were in there every night. Nice hot showers and it was very clean. Only bummer was our site did not have a fire pit, but most of them did. All sites had water and electricity, I think there was even cable (I don't get that). The main building had a great breakfast restaurant that served up some quality meals. The owners were the cooks and they were totally grumpy, but it made me laugh. Still got a great meal from them.

The base of Whistler was only a two minute drive, but easily could have been ridden to. On a side note, we saw tons of people sleeping in their rigs at the parking lots.

Here is the link www.whistlercamping.com
boooooooo...park on the sholder

jk, sounds like you hit the jackpot wiht that spot, ive never been to whistler so i am uber jealous...i am your son and i want to go riding in whistler, i am at my friends house in edmonton, come pick me up...did it work, are you on your way?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
jazzy jibber said:
lot 4 aka hobo village
you wont have problems, i lived there for 3 weeks
Those days are over. Now all the parking lots are posted NO CAMPING. They are even handing out $75 tickets this year, I talked to a guy who got one last weekend.

Riverside is the only legal camping near the hill. Super nice place. Better make reservations for a holiday weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.